Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HALF dose HRT (continuous combined)  (Read 876 times)

criser

• First Flush
HALF dose HRT (continuous combined)
« on: August 24, 2023, 08:18:14 PM »

Hi ladies, has anyone tried to only take half tablet per day of their continuous combined HRT tablets, and has your doctor advised you on doing so? As I'm still in perimenopause and have started bleeding a lot on a full dose, so I was thinking to try splitting the tablets in half. Prefer continuous combined as otherwise I get headaches with fluctuations. Would like to know if anyone has done it and what doctors think about it. Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 08:20:15 PM by criser »

Cazikins

Re: HALF dose HRT (continuous combined)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 09:01:57 PM »

Hi criser,
Continuous combined tablets are really only used if you are post menopausal woman. I'm surprised your GP agreed to give it to you. It could explain a few of your issues. How long have you been on them?
However in answer to your question  :) yes I cut my tablets in 1/2 when trying to reduce my HRT & had full support from my GP.

Cazikins x

criser

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 09:38:54 PM »

Hi criser,
Continuous combined tablets are really only used if you are post menopausal woman. I'm surprised your GP agreed to give it to you. It could explain a few of your issues. How long have you been on them?
However in answer to your question  :) yes I cut my tablets in 1/2 when trying to reduce my HRT & had full support from my GP.

Cazikins x
  Thank you very much for your answer. She wanted to give me sequential but when I told her I suffer migraines, she decided to give me continuous instead, although I was still having spontaneous periods every 2-3 months. The only issue I'm having is having my period very often now, it is annoying but much better than the migraines honestly, so I was thinking to just try and split the tablets in half.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 06:26:11 AM »

Which tablets are you taking ?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 02:39:51 PM »

If you suffer migraines then transdermal HRT eg patches might be preferable.

Hurdity x