Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Weird reading issues  (Read 768 times)

lisa06031510

Weird reading issues
« on: August 25, 2023, 10:57:18 AM »

Hey guys,

So this is really random and may not even be because of menopause but has anyone ever had issues with reading words while going through menopause?
The last few weeks, I have been looking at words and been saying them completely wrong...it like my brain won't let me read it properly... I know it's not my eyesight as I can see the word fine.. just can't read it. This is such an odd thing.
Just wondering if anyone has had this or something similar

Thank you

Lisa xz

discogirl

Re: Weird reading issues
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 11:12:30 AM »

Hi lisa06031510

I don't know if its meno related or just old age with me but I used to be really good at spelling and I've noticed that there are the odd one or two words that I can't spell correctly now, that I used to be able to.

I don't know if that's any help or not x

lisa06031510

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 11:28:38 AM »

Hi ya,

I did think maybe old age but I am only 39 lol... It's just so odd..likey brain has just given up

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 11:35:40 AM »

When I had the start of Covid a few weeks ago I was unable to read the Sat papers: it was as if I had picked up the wrong reading glasses!

Maxwell

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 11:52:24 AM »

Hello Lisa, I have no experience with this but I would be terrified if it happened to me. Ring your GP or go to the A&E?  It looks like what it's called visual agnosia.

Maxwell

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 11:57:15 AM »

This is a specific type of visual agnosia. Does it ring a bell?

Alexia
Definition
People with this condition can’t recognise words they see. That means they can see the words but can’t make sense of or read them. They can still write and speak without any problem.

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 12:08:23 PM »

Hi ya,

I did think maybe old age but I am only 39 lol... It's just so odd..likey brain has just given up

X

haha No not age related then xxx

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 12:26:15 PM »

I have brain fog. This is not due to meno but as a result of fibromyalgia and, more recently, my second bout of covid. I think your experience sounds similar. Brain fog affects us in many ways. Maybe this is what's happening to you.
https://patient.info/news-and-features/why-we-get-brain-fog-and-what-to-do-about-it

Taz x

lisa06031510

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 12:38:24 PM »

Yeah I get really really bad brain fog.. it's one of my worse symptoms.. I did think it was that but thought it was such a strange thing

Clair3

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 04:52:03 PM »

I find I am having trouble focusing I can read the words but it kind of feels weird.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 04:54:15 PM »

visual agnosia - interesting.  If I were U lisa0603 ........ I would ask an optician about this.  Certainly if I have trouble reading print as happened prior to Covid I will try to remember this and speak to my practitioner.