Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Update on inexplicable development  (Read 449 times)

Anglichanka

Update on inexplicable development
« on: August 24, 2023, 04:47:55 PM »

I can't find my post on here from a few days ago where I was asking for advice on why I suddenly felt horrendous on "good" (new estradot patch) days. I figured it out. I hadn't been sleeping well so was taking melatonin for several days. There's no established clinical link between melatonin and next-day depression, but it is known that it blocks dopamine. And there is plenty of anecdotal evidence from people who say it makes them feel appallingly low the next day. It me.

So I stopped taking it, sprayed myself liberally with magnesium at night instead, and I haven't had those horrendous days since. The day after I stopped I could feel the difference. Like I wasn't being poisoned. Now, I'm back to the usual coasting on the surface. Not happy, not abysmal.

Slightly fatigued though by how sensitive my brain has become to everything. I can't drink alcohol any more, I definitely can't take anti-histamine sleeping pills, and now no melatonin either.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update on inexplicable development
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 05:50:41 PM »

Some find that alcohol and some food stuffs have to be eliminated from the diet due to 'effects' in peri. 

Glad that you've found a possible reason for your sudden mood dips.