Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New member HRT and vomiting/nausea Progesterone intolerance?  (Read 1276 times)

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
New member HRT and vomiting/nausea Progesterone intolerance?
« on: February 03, 2023, 01:52:13 PM »

Hi everyone, I am new to the group and would like your advice please.

I was originally given HRT when I was aboutr 51 for night sweats but came out in horrible papule spots under the skin and had to stop it. After lots of research I asked for Fluroxitine for the night sweats and has worked a treat every since. I am now 59 and in good health and active with pilates and yoga, I am fine apart from the tiredness and headaches. I went to see my NHS gyno doctor and she put me on 2 sprays of Lenzetto per day and 1 capsule of Progesterone Utrogestan at night.

I started this on 9th January and now 3rd February. Since starting the HRT I have experienced tender breasts which I expected but I have had terrible nausea on a number of days and yesterday I was violently sick in the supermarket car park. I hadn’t eaten much only some strawberries and bio Greek yoghurt about 2 hours before which I have most days, a few salad leaves and the fluroxitine and some calcium I get on prescription about an hour before I was sick. I got so hot and stripped off as many clothes as I could in the car before driving home. Just made it home which was only a 5 minute drive away and was sick again a couple of times and went to bed to rest. I am wondering if this is due to the HRT and I have a progesterone intolerance.

I had a virtual doctor appointment through my work health care at 8pm and he suggested I stop the HRT and see if I feel better. I have also rung my local GP this morning and emailed them the virtual appointment notes plus updated them on the situation. I have left a message for my the gyno doctor to call me as well next Tuesday when she is next in. I have a spine operation on 3rd March so must be feeling fine for that. I have searched on here for ‘progesterone’ and ‘vomiting’ so have an idea some of you many have had these symptons. Just fed up with feeling rough and not been sick like yesterday for about 10 years. I have had stomach issues in the past having had salmonella which damaged the stomach lining I was very ill for 3 months and also had reflux but was resolved by strengthening my stomach valve in 2013. I have read that HRT can make stomach issues worse.

Thank you and sorry for the essay!

sheila99

Re: New member HRT and vomiting/nausea Progesterone intolerance?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 02:04:57 PM »

Perhaps it's a bug? Taking utro vaginally should avoid stomach issues. You might try a sequi regime where you take 200mg utro for 12 days a month. You'll have a bleed but it will show you if there's a difference when you're on utro. Given the length of time you've been without oestrogen it might be better to start on a smaller dose and work up if you find you need it.

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 02:22:03 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I have not got any diarrhea and have eaten toast today and had tea. Still feel a bit nauseous but no vomiting.

My friend said maybe my body can't cope with the hormones after such a long time. Maybe a lower dose would be better to start with. I read about the progesterone vaginal capsule and think that would be better than oral capsule for me. The doctor on the virtual appointment said the patches can be a lower dose than the spray too.

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 12:55:03 PM »

Update - My GP practice called me on Friday afternoon after I emailed them the notes from the virtual consultation on Thursday evening. They called me in today for an appointment and the doctor said she thinks it’s the progesterone making me sick. She said the body makes more progesterone when pregnant and that causes the morning sickness so that makes sense it would be that. So she has prescribed me a lower dose of oestrogen and progesterone combined on one patch so no oral tablets. I am going start them after my spine op which I have on 3rd March just in case of any side effects. Its about 1/3 strength of the oestrogen spray too and no oral tablets so will start me off gently. Very surprised and impressed the surgery called me to quickly.

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 03:29:41 PM »

I have had spine op before in 2020 for sciatica so know what to expect and doctor said starting the HRT now wouldn't have any benefits for the operation in a few weeks time. I am fine apart from some tiredness so hoping the HRT might help with that and bones etc in the long term. I dont want to risk any side effects making feel unwell for the operation it is too important.

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 09:45:45 AM »

Another update, I started the Evorel Conti combined patches 10 days ago and feeling sick again. This is horrible. They contain 3.2mg Estradol and 11.2mg of Norethesterone ie 50/170 microgrammes absorbtion. Is it normal to feel sick on the these as well. I have been reading that the side effects can last months. Thanks for any advice.

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 12:40:56 PM »

Further to my last update I have been on Everol Conti patches for 11 weeks 3.2mg Estradol and 11.2mg of Norethesterone ie 50/170 microgrammes absorbtion. Got continually sore boobs, headaches feeling teary and low and tired I am wondering if the dose is too high? Beginning to affect my work. Going to try and get a review with my GP if I can get through but would appreciate any advice. Thank you.