Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood blisters down below  (Read 831 times)

FlowerPot

Blood blisters down below
« on: August 24, 2023, 08:07:04 AM »

I posted this yesterday but my post disappeared - along with many others it seems  :-\

I recently had soreness around my perineum, caused I'm sure by some particularly rough toilet paper while I was on hols. It turned itchy and had been driving me mad so I decided to get a shaving mirror and have a look - something I haven't done for many years! Anyway there was nothing obvious there and it feels much better now but what I did find to my horror was 6 or 7 blood blisters in my pubic hair underneath.

Google wasn't helpful at all and I search on here but found nothing relevant so wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this or knows what the cause may be?
Thanks.

Suziemc

Re: Blood blisters down below
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 05:25:09 PM »

Hi Flowerpot

We've chatted on another thread but thought it worth answering your question here, to help anyone who might search the forum in future.

Blood blisters can be one of the symptoms of a condition called Lichen Sclerosis which often presents with intense itching and burning, amongst other symptoms, so can be misdiagnosed as thrush or vaginal atrophy.

There is a brilliant FB group called Lichen Sclerosis UK Support Group that is worth joining to read about it and get links to reputable and trustworthy sources for further reading.

And, of course, get yourself checked by GP to be sure there's nothing else that needs investigating.

Susie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 05:46:30 PM »

There is another thread about this somewhere  :-\

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 08:52:23 PM »

Hi FlowerPot, glad I found you again.

Yes exactly as Suzimc mentioned & suggests. Do not ignore it, any change in that area needs to be checked.
Get the mirror out at least once a month so that you get to know what's normal for  you.

And yes the FB group has lots & lots of info & it's a private group.

Keep us updated.

Does it really matter that much CLKD so long as the OP gets the help they are asking.

However if you need to see it Flowerpot it's here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67196.0.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 09:04:41 PM by Cazikins »

Suziemc

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 07:06:10 AM »

Yes there is, I posted as I'd responded to Flowerpot's original post that was one of a number that disappeared yesterday.

LS is a hugely important condition for women to be aware of and I thought it prudent to try to find the original poster to suggest they get checked. As I was composing my post, Flowerpot asked their question again.

Lichen Sclerosus has many symptoms the same as VA but has more long term implications. It is important to raise awareness of the condition to ensure more people get checked, so two members cross-posting is a minor inconvenience really.

FlowerPot

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 08:18:39 AM »

I have joined the LS group on FB and am now learning much about a condition I had never heard of before so yes, really important to raise awareness.

Thanks to you both for your help and advice.

AG64

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 01:34:04 PM »

Hi just found this thread through searching for blisters. I have had similar blisters, about half a dozen which my doctor has said has been caused by Atrophy. He prescribed estriol cream which I have been using for 7 days but I’m wondering now if it may be LS. It’s quite sore especially when it catches on my underwear.

Cazikins

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 08:55:02 PM »

I have joined the LS group on FB and am now learning much about a condition I had never heard of before so yes, really important to raise awareness.

Thanks to you both for your help and advice.

Excellent glad you found the group.

Hi just found this thread through searching for blisters. I have had similar blisters, about half a dozen which my doctor has said has been caused by Atrophy. He prescribed estriol cream which I have been using for 7 days but I’m wondering now if it may be LS. It’s quite sore especially when it catches on my underwear.

Hi AG64, I would advice using the cream as prescribed but if it doesn't improve after 2-3 weeks then go back. Keep a close eye on it.
It's probably nothing to worry about but if you notice any changes to shape, colour etc then get it checked again.

Let us know how you get on.

VioletAquarius

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 09:21:40 PM »

Hi Flowerpot

The little purple blood blisters could be haemongiama, though they wouldnt cause itching.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 10:00:45 PM by VioletAquarius »

Jules

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 10:59:37 PM »

That's something I've not heard of. It feels like there's a lot of disease to check for these days. Why can't we just grow old and just get wrinkles and grey hair

AG64

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 03:34:27 PM »

Hi Cazikins. Thank you I will do.