Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: For the person with blood blister on vulva  (Read 7689 times)

Suziemc

For the person with blood blister on vulva
« on: August 24, 2023, 08:00:51 AM »

Hi

Yesterday someone posted about concern over a blood blister on their vulva. I answered but it seems that some posts from yesterday have disappeared. So, in the hope of reaching that person....

Blood blisters on the vulva can be one of the (many) symptoms of a condition called Lichen Sclerosus. More common symptoms are itching and burning so it's easily confused with thrush and vaginal atrophy.

If the poster is reading this, please go and get yourself checked by your GP. Also take a look at a great FB group - Lichen Sclerosus UK Support Group - for links to reputable websites to read about the condition. 

Also, for everyone,  get to know your vulva! Use a mirror and regularly examine the area so that you are aware if any changes.

Susie

FlowerPot

Re: For the person with blood blister on vulva
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 08:22:33 AM »

Thanks Suziemc that was me, I just reposted it this morning.

Another lady has mentioned this condition - I had discounted it on my Google search because it was talking about patches of white wrinkled skin which I didn't have but now I read more about it, it definitely fits with the itching too.

I will go and get it check and will have a look at the FB group too, thanks for the advice.

Suziemc

Re: For the person with blood blister on vulva
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 05:17:52 PM »

So glad you got answers!

My LS presented as really intense itching and burning, I could hardly wear knickers. When I went to see my GP she pointed out I had two red raised 'tramlines' one down each side of my labia, between majora and minora labia and it was this that she identified as LS. I didn't have white patches although I do know they are a common symptom.

Fingers crossed you get sorted, whatever your prognosis is!