Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help I’ve crashed  (Read 495 times)

Menowend

• First Flush
Help I’ve crashed
« on: August 16, 2023, 06:53:57 AM »

I’ve been on evorel 50 and 100mg utrogestan for a while and things have been fine. I weaned myself off Citalopram. I was only ever on 10mg but very gradually reduced this as my libido was non existent. This wasn’t easy but glad that I’ve had done as libido back.

However, I have just crashed. I had a depressive episode a few weeks ago and I have improved a bit but still not myself. I have had blood taken and all normal and the next bloods will check my testosterone and also auto immune checks.

It has been suggested that I go back on citalopram but I feel this is a last resort for me. I think my hrt might need tweaking. No periods for a year now.
If anyone can offer any advice if they have been in a similar situation I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a good life and this is making me feel so awful. Irritable, irrational, no concentration, feel unstable. Paranoid. Can’t enjoy anything to the full.

Menowend

• First Flush
Re: Help I’ve crashed
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 07:22:53 AM »

Also, I’m exhausted all the time, headaches and fatigue

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 08:00:42 AM »

Sounds like you need an increase in oestrogen.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 08:09:52 AM »

In my experience the citalopram wouldn't help the fatigue and headaches. Were ypu okay during the taper?

Estrogen is energising so perhaps it is that which is needed.

My advice would be to only make one change at a time though and start small, so you know which is having a positive or negative impact.