Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New shape Oestrogel bottle  (Read 719 times)

Julia Dizzy

New shape Oestrogel bottle
« on: August 15, 2023, 11:13:58 AM »

Hi, just picked up my latest prescription from the chemist and my new bottles are different - they are a round shape and an opaque white top.

Not started it yet but wondered if anyone else had these and if you found it's been ok? The box itself is smaller than the last bottle with the green top I got.

I seem to remember someone mentioning this previously?....

Jenna

Re: New shape Oestrogel bottle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 12:04:30 PM »

Hi, just picked up my latest prescription from the chemist and my new bottles are different - they are a round shape and an opaque white top.

Not started it yet but wondered if anyone else had these and if you found it's been ok? The box itself is smaller than the last bottle with the green top I got.

I seem to remember someone mentioning this previously?....

Hi Julia,

There’s a very informative discussion about this on Mumsnet at the moment. Have a search for:

Oestrogel: new packaging (yet again)?

Hope it helps!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 04:26:48 PM »

Julia Dizzy - really I would not worry. The doses are designed to be exactly the same delivering exactly the same amount of estradiol. Potentially minor differences in pump mechanism (I've no idea) or the shape affecting the temperature of the gel inside - which could affect consistency but I am sure tests will have been carried out to ensure product quality is controlled. Most women don't notice any difference - the ones that do report on here (or apparently, mumsnet) but just don't worry about it. Those that have - some have said they need more, some have said less (in the past when similar issues have been reported).

If you are peri-menopausal then your own cycle will be coming into play and could affect how you feel due to changes in hormone levels. If you are post-menopausal, and feel you are noticing a slight difference for whatever reason - then the beauty of the gel is that you can tweak your dose to suit - either increase or decrease.

But above all - don't go looking for problems and you will most likely be fine :)

Hurdity x

scrubdub

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 06:56:47 PM »

I've had one of these new shaped bottles in my last prescription and I've noticed no difference. It did throw me a little!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 07:59:35 PM »

My last two prescriptions have had a mix of the white and green tops. I have noticed no change in symptoms.

Dizzy me

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 10:29:31 PM »

I’ve been using the white top version for a couple of weeks and no difference here. I’ve read what the ladies on mumsnet have said but for me I’ve not noticed any difference so far.