Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti problems  (Read 568 times)

Mucha

Everol Conti problems
« on: August 23, 2023, 05:08:42 PM »

I was on Estrogel and Utrogestan for ages  (started in October 2021 I believe, but then there were problems first getting hold of the Estrogel then the Utrogestan.

So I was given Provera but had horrible side effects.

Next I was moved onto Everol Conti and now I’m having all these bladder issues that I never had before 😢 I’ve been on it since June 29th, and for the past two weeks I’m back and forth to the loo every five minutes. I can barely sit comfortably because it feels as though I’m going to lose bladder control if I move. i’m waking in the night because I turned onto my side and my bladder wakes me up. I’ve had itchiness down below, sharp scratching sensations too.

No pain though. But I’m really hot to the point I feel like I did before I went on HRT. My sleep is broken, I’m dizzy and my ankle and hip joints hurt. Honestly I’m wondering if the patches just aren’t working for me.

Has anyone experienced similar? I’ve had a blood test and everything has come back within normal range.

I’m able to get the Utrogestan again now do I’m hopeful it’ll all stop once I’m back to my original HRT.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Everol Conti problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 06:29:54 PM »

Do get treatment for vaginal atrophy - your symptoms sound like the oestrogen levels may have dropped causing dryness: skin, scalp, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina, vulva, between the toes.

You don't need an exam or blood tests, the GP/Nurse Practitioner should provide on symptoms.  VA treatment is usually every night for 2-3 weeks then as necessary: some require continued nightly treatment, others can 'do' with every 3rd and 5/6th nights.  A mositorier may help too, yes or sylc [I use KY Jelly on the outer labia when they itch].

Let us know how you get on.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 09:30:33 PM »

I think you need a higher dose of oestrogen as well as topical oestrogen for VA. Evorel conti only comes in one strength so it'll mean a separate oestrogen and progesterone, perhaps gel (or  75 patch) and utro as you got on with it previously.

Mucha

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 08:28:46 AM »

Thank you both for replying 🙂 I’m going back on my original HRT and have contacted my doctor, too. I don’t think the patches are working for me but they were just a short stop. The ease of a patch twice weekly was brilliant as the gel was a chore, but at least I didn’t feel like this 🫤