Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Digestive issues and nausea  (Read 589 times)

trandall

Digestive issues and nausea
« on: August 13, 2023, 08:31:46 PM »

Hi ladies back again to ask about my latest weird symptoms of digestive issues, change in bowel movement and nausea ? Been to GP over the past few years and have had a few checks which thankfully were all good. I find it hard not to worry every time a new symptom starts 🤪 anyone finding this ?

Flossieteacake

Re: Digestive issues and nausea
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 08:43:43 PM »

Could it be IBS? IBS can cause nausea and also changes to bowel habits. I have IBS but it become much worse since meno.

I am sorry you are worried but it is a very good sign all your checks have come back clear. A lot of us seem to have digestive related issues on here.

trandall

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 06:18:21 AM »

Morning ladies thanks for replying I did think about IBS and have had some slight pain twinges but not a lot and I thought IBS caused a lot of pain. Much appreciated

Bungo

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 08:02:02 AM »

Have similar, never any pain however. Had colonoscopy and was all good bar divirticular disease ( which doesn't really cause symptoms unless a flare up as far as I know). My poor feeble brain can't remember if it's gotten worse since I started hrt a year ago or if was like this for a few years.  I feel fine in the morning but as soon as eat anything feel uncomfortable and full. Some days the bloating/distension is horrendous, even after only eating a teeny bit.  Just trying to ignore and put up with it . But it is a terrible symptom and am blaming menopause , the gift the keeps giving

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 09:54:47 AM »

Morning ladies thanks for replying I did think about IBS and have had some slight pain twinges but not a lot and I thought IBS caused a lot of pain. Much appreciated

IBS does not always cause a lot of pain. Any twinges or pain can be caused by trigger foods. Maybe it would help if you kept a food diary? You could see if any particular foods triggered your symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 10:47:57 AM »

I don't have pain with IBS.  It's either slow transit,  no poo at all or a rush ........ so inconvenient!

Sometimes in peri ladies notice that they become less tolerant to alcohol and some foods.  It can be a bit of a mine field finding out if anything is affecting the digestive tract.  Speaking to a dietician who can advise a withdrawal method of checking for sensitivities might help.  True allergies are sudden and can be dangerous, i.e. anaphaltic shock.  [sp].

For years I was unable to eat onions in any shape or form  >:(.  Unless cooked for. hours i.e. chutneys.  Now I've started to reintroduce occasionally and I've been fine.

The nausea from which I suffer is due to not being able to poo regularly and really gets me down  :'(

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 11:03:35 AM »

I agree with Flossie, I've had had ibs in the past, sometimes really bad cramps and others just a mild feeling of bloating/ indigestion that passes in a few hours so I'd say it varies. I get the nausea usually in the morning when my estrogen is off or if I'm really anxious and feel like my cortisol is too high.
Food intolerance can cause loose stool, lactose for me is now a trigger when I used to be fine with it. Now I need the loo 30-60 minutes after milk or cream, although cheese is fine. Gluten/ wheat in general can also be a problem as we age. Perhaps do a food diary and see if any patterns emerge.
When the bloating happens because of food, a couple of activated charcoal tablets help absorb the excess gas. And don't panic if you see black poo the next day, that's what the charcoal does!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 11:57:44 AM »

That reminds me Penguin, we used to give our JRussell terrier charcoal biscuits, they came in the mixed 'shapes' boxes.  'buscopan' was the other tablet we gave the spaniel which made him burp = better, thanks.

Where do U buy human type ?

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2023, 12:07:02 PM »

Our local pharmacy sells them, they are quite widely available now. I gave a couple to our dog a couple of weeks ago when she got hold of one of my utrogestan pills. Looked online and that's what the vet would have done too. Absorbs a lot of toxins.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2023, 12:22:49 PM »

Toxins = wind in this house  ;).  Tnx.

Penguin

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2023, 12:50:43 PM »

Our local pharmacy sells them, they are quite widely available now. I gave a couple to our dog a couple of weeks ago when she got hold of one of my utrogestan pills. Looked online and that's what the vet would have done too. Absorbs a lot of toxins.