Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period after one year of no period  (Read 497 times)

Sutcliffex4

Period after one year of no period
« on: August 13, 2023, 06:04:05 AM »

Hi Everyone
I am currently 2 pumps Oestrogel and 2 tablets (12 days) Utrogestan. I have been on the same dose for nearly two years now. I had not had a period for over a year.. until yesterday. Started with horrendous lower back pain - to the point of struggling to stand after sitting, needing help to get into bed 🤦🏻‍♀️ (I am fairly fit usually/ gym 3 times a week).
This morning I have started bleeding. Early hours it was dark blood - this morning bright red. I feel terrible,,, What is happening?
xx

Dotty

Re: Period after one year of no period
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 06:27:42 AM »

The regime you are on (12 days of Utrogestan) is designed to give you a monthly bleed. However, if you have gone 12 months without a bleed then you should consult your GP.

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 08:15:27 AM »

Hi Everyone
I am currently 2 pumps Oestrogel and 2 tablets (12 days) Utrogestan. I have been on the same dose for nearly two years now. I had not had a period for over a year.. until yesterday. Started with horrendous lower back pain - to the point of struggling to stand after sitting, needing help to get into bed 🤦🏻‍♀️ (I am fairly fit usually/ gym 3 times a week).
This morning I have started bleeding. Early hours it was dark blood - this morning bright red. I feel terrible,,, What is happening?
xx
The body can throw up all sorts of surprises. I'm 53 and I bleed cyclically on conti HRT and sequi HRT (I'm on that now, 12 days of utrogestan) It must be synchronised with my natural bleed in the month, I don't want two bleeds in the same month, although it's happened, rarely.

You don't say how far into menopause you are, I know this can be hard to tell, for me they thought my menopause in 2021 was maybe a false alarm and I'd not got there yet, until I got scanned.

I was scanned two days ago and they said I have a perfect looking postmenopausal uterus with a thin neat lining. No abnormalities at all, ovaries looking as expected postmeno as well.

The doctor said, "Your periods must be very light" while looking at the scan screen, I said "No, they're really heavy."

I expected this one to be light after she said that, but it just started slow, I've since flooded overnight when my 30ml menstrual cup overflowed, I had to empty it another two times before 8am, it's a heavy flow, but my uterus was empty it's just blood and the doctor was honest enough to say she doesn't know why I bleed the way I do, but every day women come to them who are bleeding when not supposed to, I got the impression it's the most common complaint they deal with.

Definitely phone your GP or whoever prescribes your HRT and they will probably arrange a scan for you to be on the safe side because it can, very rarely, be serious.

Sutcliffex4

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 08:47:45 AM »

Thanks everyone..
I will call my consultant tomorrow. I’m unsure if I am even going through menopause. I have a pituitary tumour - diagnosed 6 years ago. The tumour has never shrunk despite strong medication. I was out on the HRT meds due to the location of the tumour disrupting hormone levels etc

Sutcliffex4

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 10:53:40 AM »

…also.. at the start of me taking Utrogestan I did have the forced bleed ever month. I have had no bleeding for 1 year - that is why I am concerned at me bleeding now - also, I have still got five days (of 12) to take. When I did bleed before, it would be at the end of the 12 days.
All very worrying and confusing 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️