Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: rosacea and HRT  (Read 752 times)

patwhy

• First Flush
rosacea and HRT
« on: August 11, 2023, 02:04:55 PM »

Hi sisters,

I'm new to the forum and was really glad to join. Not much emotional support at home and very expensive private derm is the only person who seems familiar with my condition. I got intense vascular rosacea with menopause which completely wrecked my life until going on Clonidine, mirtazipine and mepacrine for 11 years. All went fine until this Feb when my symptoms started coming back. I doubled the meds and after 5 months there was only a little improvement. Decided to see if body identical HRT would stop the symptoms. First 7 weeks was pretty good but now symptoms are back. Has anyone else had rosacea symptoms or flare ups after 7 weeks HRT? I'm on Utrogestan 100 and Lenzetto 1 spray daily. Thinking I'll stop taking it but worried about rebound. Would appreciate any comments or experiences,
Patwhy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: rosacea and HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 04:06:35 PM »

Hi there are a few ladies with rosacea - I'll do a search and bump threads if necessary.

There are threads which go back to 2019 ........ and further.  Hopefully some1 will be along. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:09:32 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 04:09:48 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round. Make notes ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 05:56:08 PM »

Someone has responded to the bounced thread with advice. 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 06:39:27 PM »

I have had Roscea since my mid thirties. I use Estrogel for my HRT and Soolantra for the rosacea flares. I am now post meno, think about 8 years, and although rosacea is so much better than before meno I still get flare ups, but they mostly effect my nose rather than my cheeks.

patwhy

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 09:58:54 AM »

Thanks Tinkerbell,
That's helpful. two months in on Lenzetto and utrogestan I have nose and eye symptoms back with the horrid sticky, crawling feeling some of us rosacea sufferers get. Cheeks not as bad as long as I carry a fan about with me! I'm going to try Estrogel and keep going on original rosacea meds. Thanks again x

Tribbins

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 06:37:59 PM »

Hi
I've had rosacea since late 30s, really took off when I stopped breastfeeding, eyes and face - spent 11 years on tetracycline, which was the only thing that controlled it. Then I eventually got Finacea which has been fantastic, but rosacea flares up every year late winter/early springtime. I started Evorel patches in May - I'm not currently taking any progesterone as on such a low dose and couldn't tolerate Utrogestan. I've been trying to increase the oestrogen and my skin seems to be good so far. But other symptoms not so good, with a few new ones thrown in. Like Tinkerbell my nose is mainly affected, those annoying blistery bumps mainly on the nostrils and blepharitis on my eyes, but that's been so much better recently. I'm not sure if it's the oestrogen or the time of year, as it seems to be cyclical.