Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Questions for the gel experts  (Read 718 times)

Jett

Questions for the gel experts
« on: August 10, 2023, 07:45:45 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have switched from Evorel conti patch to Mirena and Estrogel - there are a couple of things I was wondering about

1. I recently finished my first pump pack of gel - I am on two pumps a day. As I got to the end of the pack I started feeling a bit all over the place again - teary and anxious- does it get weaker or change as it’s about to run out?

2. I go camping quite a lot and the gel application is a bit awkward- is it possible to interchange between patches and gel or would that require readjusting each time - had anyone tried this?

I feel the gel is in the main quite good and more consistent.  I think I may have been not absorbing the patches very well after two days as I felt ok when it was fresh but then was feeling a bit rough latterly.

Thanks for any advice

Jxx

sheila99

Re: Questions for the gel experts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 07:54:14 AM »

Although they say there are x metered doses I found the doses got smaller towards the end. I use patches now but I used to use a newer one alongside an older one so I could compare the size and compensate accordingly.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 07:57:22 AM »

When you get towards the end of the bottle make sure that the pump is coming all the way up before you push it down again .

You shouldn’t really alternate between patches and gel as the difference in type and absorbency might make your symptoms fluctuate.

Jett

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 04:34:36 PM »

Thank you so much Sheila and Dotty, I really appreciate your advice.

Jxx

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 12:01:00 PM »

Hi Jett, I'm by no means an expert lol, but I went back to Estradot 50 patches (had tried them before...) for a couple of months after using the gel for a long time. I notice my hot flushes are coming back so am going back to the gel when I finish this patch. Trial and error mehh!!

I always put a sticky address label on my bottle of gel for the count of 64 applications, which I cross off each time, eg. 1 mark for 2 pumps i.e. 32 small line,s so I know when it's nearly finished. (if that makes sense ???)

I am still trying after 4 years trying to hit the sweet spot with this HRT malarkey!!

Hope you find yours too.

Jett

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 09:09:38 PM »

Thank you so much Julia, this is a great idea, I think this is what I need to do to keep track!
Jxxx

Suziemc

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 06:13:41 AM »

I do similar to Julia except that I write on the bottle with a sharpie, I put the date I started it and the date that should be my last dose. I use three pumps a day so a bottle lasts me 21 days, this month I have 10/8 - 31/8 written on it so I know that after my dose on 31st I should throw it away and start a new bottle on 1st Sept.

Lily35

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2023, 09:41:06 PM »

Hi - I travel quite a bit too and when I moved from Lenzetto spray to the gel I specifically asked for Sandrena (rather than oestrogel) as it comes in tiny sachets of 1mg and 0.5mg - I use one of each daily.