Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel+Utrogestan over to Elleste Duet Conti  (Read 579 times)

MenoMum73

• First Flush
Oestrogel+Utrogestan over to Elleste Duet Conti
« on: August 09, 2023, 07:03:38 PM »

has anyone moved from Oestrogel+Utrogestan over to Elleste Duet Conti and founds symptoms improved?

Started with hormonal headaches 4 months after starting HRT  - 4 pumps Oestrogel and 100mg Utrogestan capsule (taken continuously)

Headaches disappeared when I doubled my Utrogestan from 100mg to 200mg (decided to up myself without GP consult)

Did some research online about too much progesterone and scared myself, so went back down to 100mg Utrogestan- headaches returned.

Had phone consult with condescending male GP yesterday who flatly refuses to test my hormone levels or increase my Utrogestan but has suggested I swap current HRT to Elleste Duet Conti. Reluctantly agreed to try but I feel I’m going backwards as thought gel and Utrogestan were the better of the two options?

This GP appeared to know less than me about HRT
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 07:05:51 PM by MenoMum73 »

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel and Utrogestan to Elleste Duet Conti
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 07:05:38 PM »

If you were on 4 pumps of Oestrogel then you will be halving the oestrogen dose by moving to Evorel Conti.

Taking 200mg of Utrogestan is fine, espeecillay on the higher doses of oestrogen.

MenoMum73

• First Flush
Re: Oestrogel and Utrogestan to Elleste Duet Conti
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 07:07:44 PM »

If you were on 4 pumps of Oestrogel then you will be halving the oestrogen dose by moving to Evorel Conti.

Taking 200mg of Utrogestan is fine, espeecillay on the higher doses of oestrogen.

Is Evorel Conti the same as what I’ve been prescribed? Mine is Elleste Duet Conti?

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel+Utrogestan over to Elleste Duet Conti
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 07:26:21 PM »

Sorry I typed the wrong thing . Elleste Duet Conti is tablets.  Evorel Conti is patches. They both contain oestrogen and Norethisterone.

Elleste Duet Conti is equivalent to 2 pumps of Oestrogel.