Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Uk nhs estrogen level on HRT  (Read 609 times)

Tracy c

• First Flush
Uk nhs estrogen level on HRT
« on: August 08, 2023, 02:08:43 PM »

Please help.
I can’t shift my weight . I work out well 4 times a week I have brain fog and the memory is horrendous . The flashes and night sweats are ok . Recently my gp had me do a blood test and said my estrogen is 215 so that’s fine but reading on here it seems it’s not. I am so scared to up my oestrogen and put on more weight . Advice greatly recieved xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: Uk nhs estrogen level on HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 02:12:28 PM »

Hello Tracy C and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear the distress you are feeling over your weight.

If you were to try HRT this does not mean you will gain more weight. Not everybody gains weight when they take HRT. I find brain fog and poor memory really hard to deal with and HRT has helped me with this. You could always try a low dose and see how you feel. If you do not like it then you could stop.

You will find lots of support on here. :)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 03:10:22 PM »

I am on 4 pumps of Estrogel and haven't put on any weight. I have actually lost 17lbs since beginning of February.

Tracy c

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 03:19:28 PM »

Hi Flossie tea cake , sorry my post rambled a bit . I am on HRT , evorel 50 patches and utrogestan. My weight has just crept up since being on it no matter how much I work out or eat better. I’ve always eaten well most days and always worked out throughout my life . I had my estrogen level checked which the GP said was ok at 215 but I have Ramsay on here that it is not but scared to increase and gain even more weight . My thyroid has been checked too .

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 03:33:31 PM »

Hi Flossie tea cake , sorry my post rambled a bit . I am on HRT , evorel 50 patches and utrogestan. My weight has just crept up since being on it no matter how much I work out or eat better. I’ve always eaten well most days and always worked out throughout my life . I had my estrogen level checked which the GP said was ok at 215 but I have Ramsay on here that it is not but scared to increase and gain even more weight . My thyroid has been checked too .

Oh I see. I apologise. I know some members find trying a different HRT can help. Maybe that is an option for you. It is good to know your thyriod is okay.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 03:39:03 PM »

I was going to post about this today actually. Started hrt at end of December and have put a decent amount of weight on gradually over the last few months, mainly around tummy, hips and thighs. Gone from being underweight prior to starting hrt to now needing to lose a few lbs. I can't work out if I'm eating more as the anxiety has reduced, or if it's the estrogen. I haven't changed what i eat, and i rarely eat junk food. I definitely have more of what I'd call water weight but this does seem to lessen when I start the utrogestan days. Do you have a feeling as to whether it is estrogen triggering the weight gain for you and does it feel like water weight at all? I just feel more puffy in general, it's not nice.

Tracy c

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 04:39:55 PM »

Hi Penguin
I’m not sure I have had HRT for about   a year and a half and definately put on weight around my middle which was my least likely place before . My blood test showed my estrogen level to be 215 which she said was fine but I have subsequently read that it’s not it should be higher and I’m wondering if I have put on weight because I need more estrogen ? I am just totally confused by it all  :(

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 04:47:36 PM »

Do you have other symptoms of needing more estrogen?