News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Atrophy  (Read 792 times)

Hopeful2

Atrophy
« on: August 07, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »

Hi ladies

I posted earlier about being anxious upping oestrogel. Taking 2 pumps & tiny bit trying to get up to 3 pumps. But my atrophy has got much worse, more shrivelled up 😓. The estriol cream she gave me has now expired March 2023 but I suppose it's still ok. Originally used just a tiny bit mixed with yes ob moisturiser as recommended on here as it was stinging and it did work, but stopped because of trebbible p rinkling sensation down backs of thighs. I also have vagirux dated the same which I never used was too anxious. I guess I will have try & use this Estriol cream again tonight not expired by much time plus my HRT. It seems a lot to take so anxious. I was desperate not to have to use both. Feel so low and I hate myself.

Flossieteacake

Re: Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 07:12:27 PM »

You stopped using the cream due to a severe reaction. I would have done the same. Please do not blame yourself. I remember when you first tried it and your lips swelled up. You were so worried.

Perhaps now that you are able to tolerate the gel you could try a tiny bit of the cream and see how you feel?

If you send a message to your GP tomorow then I am sure they will give you a new prescription.

Please do not hate yourself. All you did was stop using cream as you felt ill.

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 07:22:00 PM »

Hello hopeful,

As Flossie says,  please don't hate yourself. Of course your experiences have been awful. Atrophy is horrible. Not just the physical discomfort\ pain but that alone can make you feel low.
I use ovestin cream every night internally. It stings if I use it on my outer lips, so that is where I use the YES moisturiser. I do need to reapply that a lot during the day.
Please speak to a gp or nurse at your surgery to discuss any suitable alternatives or to provide an up to date prescription. for you.

Many on  here have health anxiety, and my own anxiety went through the roof with perimenopause worsening. I also increased my hrt gradually to avoid my body having too much too soon. due to your sensitivity you are wise to use this approach.
Take care

Hopeful2

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 07:25:32 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake 🤗. Your support means more than you will ever know.

I guess I could use the one I have to start with as I only use a very tiny bit on outside anyway mixed up with moisturiser. Would probably be weaker as it's older which would probably be a good thing.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 07:28:58 PM »

I think it is worth trying. Often HRT alone does not seem to be enough for VA. So many members use localised oestrogen for VA symptoms.

I am pleased you are able to tolerate vaginal moisturiser. 🙂

Hopeful2

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 07:39:05 PM »

Thank you SarahT for your kind reply and for sharing your experience. Means a lot to be able to chat x

Hopeful2

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 07:44:08 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake 💐

Chunkola

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 07:53:02 PM »

Please give sea buckthorn oil capsules a go! A relative was prescribed them for sjorgrens (spelling) and whilst researching them for her it stated they helped all dryness inside and out. So I bought some and have been very pleased with the results - still use vagifem twice a week as well

Hopeful2

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 08:07:01 PM »

Thank you Chunkola for your reply, I will try these too x

Inky

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 12:55:48 PM »

I found vagifem to be better for VA than ovestin.