Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Unusual Bleeding Pattern  (Read 429 times)

Fruitcake

Unusual Bleeding Pattern
« on: August 08, 2023, 10:06:37 AM »

Haven't posted for a while but still been reading the forum and wondered whether anyone could explain my bleeding pattern. 

A bit of background - I'm 56, perimenopausal was still bleeding every 6-8 months without any HRT. Was started on Evorel Conti by the doctor, bleeding most of the time and struggling with the patches sticking so managed to get the Gel/Utrogestan prescribed.

For the last year, more or less, I've been on 2 pumps of the gel per day and vaginal utrogestan 12 days in the month. The bleed starts 3 or 4 days after stopping the utrogestan and lasts for 4 - 5 days. All fine so far but then on the third day after the end of the bleed a fresh bleed starts again for about 2 days.  The 'second' bleed is not old blood and is just like the start of a monthly bleed again without any cramping though. This has been happening for the last four months and seems set in its pattern.

I thought at first this maybe my own cycle (even though I wasn't having bleeds every month) and I need to sync the bleeding so I've delayed the utrogestan phase for a week, basically 2 weeks on Utro, 3 weeks off. Didn't make any difference, I still had the same pattern. Tried that for the last two months.

I'm not concerned that something is wrong just would like a more 'normal' cycle if that is possible.  I'm finding going back to bleeds every month a right pain in the a$$ to be truthful but it is about symptom control so will put up with it.

Thanks for reading, what do you think?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Unusual Bleeding Pattern
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 10:54:29 AM »

I believe that it's a withdrawal bleed from the treatment, to cleanse the womb?  Hence the progesterone part of the regime?  MayB put the product names, individually, into the search box on the forum to see what pops up?  Make notes.  If this is 'cyclical' for you, it's probably nowt to worry about. 

Fruitcake

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 11:20:56 AM »

Yes it is the withdrawal bleed but in effect two of them.

One, a normal one, everything as it should be. Then another smaller bleed starts the following week but the first one had definitely ended for at least 2 days.

It is a little difficult to describe whilst getting the correct information included  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 11:50:13 AM »

My periods were like that: 10 days of intense bleeding, with clots.  After 2-3 days of stopping, I would get a brown smear for 24 hours.  Obviously for me not enough hormone to cleanse the womb, but of course it was 'normal' for me so accepted it.  As long as the excruciating pains had stopped, I didn't worry.

It's the Gift that keeps on giving; not  >:( ::)