Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hrt side effects  (Read 477 times)

shakilla

Hrt side effects
« on: August 07, 2023, 10:44:43 AM »

Hi

I've increased my hrt patch and have really bad aching pain and stiffness in my left arm and neck.  It's been 3 weeks now. And I constantly feel tired. Is this just to be expected? Also I've started losing a lot of hair around my hair line. Is this also to be expected?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt side effects
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 11:43:12 AM »

R U able to explain your regime - perhaps you have too much all at once, why did U increase the patch which is:  sorry can't be more helpful. 

hair loss can be common at peri-menopause, with or without HRT.  Constant tiredness can be caused by thyroid disfunction or VitD levels being low.  Have U had recent blood tests for those?

shakilla

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 02:42:29 PM »

Hi I increased from 50 to 75 patchas I was getting really itchy skin and vaginal dryness. So my gp increased.  The exhaustion and hair loss an muscle pain started literally a few days after increasing my hrt so I'm assuming it's associated with that. Not had blood tests to rule other things out though. And the hair loss seems to have just stayed in the past couple of weeks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 03:01:42 PM »

Vaginal dryness symptoms can be eased by appropriate localised treatments.  mayB your GP isn't aware?

hopefully someone will be along with a little more knowledge  ::)