Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel causing tiredness?  (Read 1629 times)

NeverTooOld

Oestrogel causing tiredness?
« on: September 22, 2022, 10:09:09 AM »

Hi ladies
I started on my HRT journey last December having been postmenopause for just under two years.
I was put on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 100mg of Utrogestan on a continuous regime due me still having a uterus.
It probably took a few months for me to see an improvement in my hot flushes,fatigue and brain fog and up till recently everything was good. The only down side of the HRT, presumably the Uterogetan, was that I got horrendous GERD which caused nausea and loss of appetite.
Recently though I have started to feel spaced out and seriously fatigued all day so have now changed to taking the Utrogestan vaginally every other day to see if that helps and also to see if that helps my GERDS.
It is early days but my stomach issues seem to be setttling a bit but I am still very fatigued.
Interestingly I wake up in the morning feeling fine but as soon as I take my Oestorgel that is when the fatigue kicks in which is odd as I thought it was Progesterone that had the sedative effect.
I have tried reducing my Oestrogen to 1 pump daily, which still seems to keep my flushes at bay,  to see if that helps but the fatigue still kicks in.
Would anyone know what I am getting this odd reaction to Oestrogel?  :'(

acidpod

• First Flush
Re: Oestrogel causing tiredness?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 12:46:57 PM »

Hi ladies
I started on my HRT journey last December having been postmenopause for just under two years.
I was put on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 100mg of Utrogestan on a continuous regime due me still having a uterus.
It probably took a few months for me to see an improvement in my hot flushes,fatigue and brain fog and up till recently everything was good. The only down side of the HRT, presumably the Uterogetan, was that I got horrendous GERD which caused nausea and loss of appetite.
Recently though I have started to feel spaced out and seriously fatigued all day so have now changed to taking the Utrogestan vaginally every other day to see if that helps and also to see if that helps my GERDS.
It is early days but my stomach issues seem to be setttling a bit but I am still very fatigued.
Interestingly I wake up in the morning feeling fine but as soon as I take my Oestorgel that is when the fatigue kicks in which is odd as I thought it was Progesterone that had the sedative effect.
I have tried reducing my Oestrogen to 1 pump daily, which still seems to keep my flushes at bay,  to see if that helps but the fatigue still kicks in.
Would anyone know what I am getting this odd reaction to Oestrogel?  :'(

Hello, I know this post is old now, but there is little information about this out there.
I have been on varying doses of estrogel 2-4 pumps and 100mg utrogestan daily for a few years after switching from Evorel Conti patches.

It has taken me a long time to realise the same. Estrogel causes a strange reaction a few hours after application in the morning.
It starts with a vague headache and a feeling that can only be likened to when you can feel an illness coming on. Then my head gets heavier until I have to nap. It’s more like unconscious with strange dreams! If I have a higher dose, I can’t shake the heavy feeling all day.

I have cut back to one pump and slowly I think the tiredness is lessening. I experimented with 1.5 pumps the other day and I could feel the difference. I’m hoping it will go away soon.. it’s quite depressing when I feel it coming! I never used to have this problem , so maybe to do with underlying fluctuations. I also started testosterone 4 months ago which was working really well, but I wonder if any excess was being converted to oestrogen, so I’ve cut that right back to around 2.5 mg pd.

Jett

Re: Oestrogel causing tiredness?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 06:31:12 PM »

Hi Acidpod,

I too have had quite a strange experience with Oestrogel.  I started it in June after being on conti patched for over a year.  I felt really good for about 6 weeks on the gel then since August started feeling really odd and off kilter again.  Got worse and by September also really exhausted all the time and got weird dry eyes which have been so severe stopped me sleeping.

I am just back on the evorel 50 patch and already I feel loads better so I think either I was having a weird reaction to something in the gel perhaps or I wasn’t absorbing it as I should.

I basically felt drugged during the day and could hardly stay awake at times, tearful, emotional, anxious to the stage of panic attacks.  I know some folk love it but I am really glad to see the back of it! xx