Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: White discharge  (Read 996 times)

Flan747

White discharge
« on: August 07, 2023, 07:29:15 AM »

Morning ladies! Currently on 75 Evorel and have mirena coil. Still experiencing the dreaded anxiety. Is a literally constant white discharge a sign of low estrogen? Wondering if I should increase to 100. Not concerned about it just wonder if it was an indication to low estrogen? X

Penguin

Re: White discharge
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 07:31:41 AM »

I think it can be with VA, but for me increased discharge is usually a sign of high estrogen. Do you have any other signs of VA that would make you think it is low estrogen?

Flan747

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »

Hi Penguin. No other signs, my balance of estrogen is definitely not right but unsure if too high or low, don’t want to go the wrong way! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 09:26:58 AM »

Is the discharge all the time or cylical?  the vagina cleanses itself.

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 10:07:06 AM »

Hi CLKD, it’s pretty much constant if I’m honest, maybe less some days? X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 11:45:32 AM »

It may be a side effect of the HRT or the start of vaginal atrophy  ::) - we have threads on that here as well as 'bladder issues' might be worth reading. 

As for the anxiety: it can take 4-6 months B4 HRT helps, if it's over whelming mayB ask for an anti-anxiety medication: either a low dose of Valium for 5 days to see it that helps, or on an as-necessary basis.  I used it successfully for many years, taking 5mg the night B4 an Event.  I never required an extra dose the next day.

Flan747

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 11:53:10 AM »

That’s great CLKD thank you so much for the advice! I’ve been on HRT for over 4 years, different regimes and preparations and never got the dose right! Will look at the other threads x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 11:56:28 AM »

It depends on why ladies want to use HRT as to how much help the regime/s may turn out to be  ::)

Flan747

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 12:10:33 PM »

I did try without HRT but most symptoms returned pretty quickly and it was quite scary to be honest. Trying to get the balance right x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 12:16:25 PM »

Trial and Error is hard work sometimes  >:(.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

Flan747

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 12:44:34 PM »

Seems never ending! I did it for about 2 years and never found a pattern especially once I had the coil fitted! My diet is good and I do exercise but the anxiety just won’t shift that’s why I was trying to get an idea if the discharge was an indication that could help me decide what to do next! My levels on 75-100 patch have never been above 400 so maybe not absorbing? The only thing I haven’t tried is Lenzetto but I’ve heard that’s quite weak? X

Penguin

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 01:13:45 PM »

Flan, you've not mentioned any other symptoms but I was actually swabbed and diagnosed with thrush last year and the ONLY symptom I had was lots of white discharge (no itching etc). It has been a lot less since the thrush treatment but I'd not even gone to the doctor about that, I'd gone because of a slightly longer than usual period. She swabbed to be cautious and thrush showed up. So I wonder if perhaps you could ask GP to check whether you have something like that?