Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I am taking sleeping supplements but, still waking up during the night  (Read 698 times)

TC4775

I decided to take her and her health sleeping supplements as I am having trouble sleeping been taking them for 3 days now but, I been waking up at around the same time each morning 3am for a visit to the loo since taking them
I've only been on everol conti Patches since last Tuesday ( a week ). The patches have been great. Been happier in myself no problems at all
Its only the sleeping is the issue

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Sleeping issues can become problematic the more we worry about whether we will/not sleep.

Also if we have to get out for a walk across the landing and back, sleep will be disturbed.  Is this needing to pee a new symptom or is this within normal limits for you?

How is your urine output in the day?  Sometimes this is the first symptom of vaginal atrophy when the vulva and vagina become dry, with thinned skin and sometimes itchiness.  Due to lower oestrogen levels.  There are treatments from the GP available, do read 'the bladder issues' thread and those relating to VA.

TC4775

I am ok during the day
Its not itchy
It's not a new thing If I drink a hour before bed it be a few hours before I get up so I decided tonight to not drink anything before bed and then see if anything happens
Sleeping issues can become problematic the more we worry about whether we will/not sleep.

Also if we have to get out for a walk across the landing and back, sleep will be disturbed.  Is this needing to pee a new symptom or is this within normal limits for you?

How is your urine output in the day?  Sometimes this is the first symptom of vaginal atrophy when the vulva and vagina become dry, with thinned skin and sometimes itchiness.  Due to lower oestrogen levels.  There are treatments from the GP available, do read 'the bladder issues' thread and those relating to VA.

CLKD

Don't deny the kidneys liquid or they have to work harder.  Let us know if this works, 4 me I'm out of bed a lot more.  Do U get to sleep eventually?  Usually I do, however when awake I'm out of bed to pee every hour or so. 

If the supplements haven't worked by now, then stop to see if the body has regulated itself.  I have found that anti-histamine tablets help when I really can't sleep - a couple of nights usually breaks the habit.

TC4775

Don't deny the kidneys liquid or they have to work harder.  Let us know if this works, 4 me I'm out of bed a lot more.  Do U get to sleep eventually?  Usually I do, however when awake I'm out of bed to pee every hour or so. 

If the supplements haven't worked by now, then stop to see if the body has regulated itself.  I have found that anti-histamine tablets help when I really can't sleep - a couple of nights usually breaks the habit.

I do get to sleep straight away
I didn't take any supplements last night
Or tonight and see if anything happens
I let you know how tonight sleep is like

TC4775

Two nights ago I had a drink before bed and at 330am I went to the loo
And last night I didn't have a drink  and went to bed at 1130pm and slept right through and I got up at 830am
So I am not going to have any drinks before bed if that's what's happening with me

CLKD

Do U feel thirsty?  How much liquid did you drink on the nights that you were woken for a pee?  It's a bit like how long is a piece of string ......... my bladder wakes me, sometimes 2-3 times a night, usually I go back to sleep.  MayB drink more in the earlier part of the day?  Good that you've found something that works!

TC4775

Do U feel thirsty?  How much liquid did you drink on the nights that you were woken for a pee?  It's a bit like how long is a piece of string ......... my bladder wakes me, sometimes 2-3 times a night, usually I go back to sleep.  MayB drink more in the earlier part of the day?  Good that you've found something that works!
I drink blackcurrant and apple squash during the day and two decaffeinated coffees at work
Cup of tea first thing in the morning
And I am don't feel thirsty when I am at home
After work when i am at home , if I feel hungry, I have something to drink
But now I found out that I don't need a drink so close to bedtime I won't have a drink as I now found out I can sleep without having a drink

CLKD

Ah the hungry so drink idea.  The way to tell if your body is well hydrated: you probably know already  ::) : is the colour of your pee.  The 1st in the morning may well be dark and smelly, as the body takes on fluids from foods and drink the pee will become paler.  Colour of straw is recommended, any lighter and it is too much.

Also, when the body is really dehydrated, lifting the skin on the back of the hand is a good way of telling - like Vets do to cats/dogs on the back of the neck. Depending on how quickly the skin returns to normal, is a good indicator.

What do you fancy to eat in the evenings, for me it's ice cream  ::).

However: blackcurrant and apple squash  :-X. squash can be full of sugars even when diluted which might be triggering the nocturia.