Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need some reassurance feeling low  (Read 1637 times)

Honeybee2

Re: Need some reassurance feeling low
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2023, 01:06:19 PM »

Oh you too Flossiecake
I am so silly and stress about increasing I convinced myself that the gel was making me feel ill as I felt ok on the patch so even tho I still have some gel I am worried about putting some on . See me stressing AGAIN !,, … WHAT AM I LIKE !, 
It sounds like you are a lovely person and wish you all the best aswell

Flossieteacake

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2023, 01:09:17 PM »

I would think having health anxiety makes you feel anxious about increasing. Just know, you can always go back to the original dose if you feel you are unhappy with the increase. There is no pressure to stay on it.

If you prefer patches then can you stay on the patches? You do not have to use gel if you do not want to. With patches it can be easier to increase or decrease by a little bit if needed.

Honeybee2

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »

This is very true thank you for your  guidance xxx
Really kind of you taking time out of your day both SarahT and Flossiecake a big thank you xxxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2023, 01:28:46 PM »

This is very true thank you for your  guidance xxx
Really kind of you taking time out of your day both SarahT and Flossiecake a big thank you xxxxx

You are so welcome. :)

SarahT

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2023, 01:47:45 PM »

Sending you a huge but too. You should never feel weak or alone. You are right this is real, whether physical or emotional feelings. Always always reach out here. Xx

tambourine queen

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2023, 09:31:09 PM »

Hey!
I just wanted to jump on and say hi and give some reassurance. I’ve found peri has brought me hideous health anxiety and my HRT is still taking time to settle etc. I have sore boobs just now and I have felt so pissed off today. Last week it was crampy tummy! It’s always something. I just hope you can take some comfort from not being the only one! And I hope that one day this will all be a distant memory for us all!
Hugs to you!

Honeybee2

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2023, 06:26:09 AM »

Hi Tambourine Queen
So sorry to read that you are suffering at the moment
For me the menopause definitely has bought on terrible anxiety and it’s been a real struggle
What HRT are you on ? The reason why I ask is that even though I am still feeling not great some days once I started HRT at a higher dose the intensity of the anxiety  lessened.
Before HRT I felt like I constantly waiting for an interview and had constant butterflies in my stomach, amongst the other symptoms night sweats palpatations to name just a few and just couldn’t function  So it could well be the case that your anxiety is hormonal driven.
But I had to keep tweaking the dose of oestrogen. I feel another review is needed in my case as the meno symptoms have crept back
It’s such a minefield and a rollercoaster of emotions xxx
Sending you a big hug and thanks for the reply

tambourine queen

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2023, 05:07:48 PM »

Hey
I’m on estrogen 100 patches and Utrogestan 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. At my last review we talked about some tweaks but decided to give it 3 more months so will see.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Honeybee2

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2023, 04:53:03 AM »

Hi Tamborine Queen
Hope you are ok
Just a thought……  I was told that some people just don’t absorb well with the patch and find oestrogel better so it could be something to think about if you continue to feel little relief .
Wishing you well xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2023, 06:20:31 AM »

Hi Honeybee2

I've been reading your posts and just wanted to reach out. I can so relate to the anxiety. For me the anxiety was heightened by using utrogestan (I used it vaginally) so I switched to cyclogest.

I'm post meno and still trying to tweak my dosage, one thing though I have tried patches (twice) estraderm and estradot and for some reason I don't absorb from the patches. I'm on oestrogel and I absorb fine with the gel, I like the idea that I apply it daily and the dosage is easier to tweak as well.

Hope it helps and take care xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2023, 08:02:15 AM »

I am so happy you have felt better since changing your patch! This would suggest to me, you did need an increase of oestrogen. I am on patches and I find it very easy to increase when using them. If your mood dips again perhaps you can cut a little bit off a patch and apply it and see if that helps.

discogirl

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2023, 08:21:44 AM »

Thanks for responding Discogirl
It’s such a challenging time  isent it x. I was on the gel at first but don’t think I was absorbing very well so I changed to patches plus a more consistent flow seems to help
As you can read I have felt quite low the last couple of days and had the horrible anxiety feeling back really horrible …. but on a positive it was my patch change day yesterday and felt more settled and feeling like my anxiety is less this morning and slept slightly better . Prehaps my patch needed changing who knows !,
I wish you all the very best in your  journey to feeling better Discogirl xxxx

Hi Honeybee2

It certainly is challenging.

I'm so glad you feel more settled now you've changed your patch. Patches do give a more consistent dose. You will feel better as well if your anxiety has settled. I too suffer with chronic anxiety and it's awful.

Keep well and take care xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2023, 09:22:15 AM »

How do you cut it flossiecake ? Unsure how to do this ?
Thank you xxx

Do you only have 75 patches? If so then you could cut them into quarters and then cut a quarter in half and apply that. If that it too tricky then how about ask your GP to prescribe 25 patches so you could just cut that in half and apply that.
Pages: 1 [2]