Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to estradiol  (Read 1531 times)

Lou Lou

• First Flush
New to estradiol
« on: August 15, 2023, 08:54:11 AM »

Hi all
Have found this forum to be so informative and reassuring. Thankyou. My question is...I have just started vaginal estradiol for VA. I don't want anything to hinder its effects as I am just into my second week but I have really annoying burning at times which makes me feel like peeing all the time.  Is it OK to use Vagisil to numb this a bit or does it lessen the adsorption of the estradiol. Your advice would be much appreciated

Flossieteacake

Re: New to estradiol
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 10:10:43 AM »

Hello Lou Lou and welcome to the forum. You may find a moisturiser such as Yes helpful. This can be used as much as you wish to. I have not used Vagisil but I am sure other members who have will reply to your post.

Just to say, when VA is severe, twice a week is often not enough to help it. I personally have to use treatment every day. When I miss a day I am very sore.

A tip I have learned is to wash in emollient. Apply emollient to the vulva before a shower, wash it off in the shower and reapply to act as a barrier. I also switched from baths to showers to avoid prolonged contact with water.

Apologies if you knew this already. I just thought I would mention it if not.

Lou Lou

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 04:08:25 PM »

Hiya Flossieteacake
Thanks for the advice. I am taking the estradiol everyday for the first two weeks but am supposed to go down to twice per week after that. I note that for you that's not enough so will see how I go. Was just looking for something to ease the burning and peeing symptoms until, hopefully, the estradiol kicks in. I will give Yes or similar a go. Thanks again for replying😘

Mouse60

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 07:49:40 AM »

I use Vagisil when I itch and it keeps on top of it. Local eostrogen takes a while to get established. Good luck.