Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan in the morning  (Read 822 times)

Meadowblue

Utrogestan in the morning
« on: August 06, 2023, 10:56:39 AM »

I have recently started hrt at the age of 62.  Oestrogen 1 pump am and utrogestan tablet 100 at night.  One of the main reasons for starting hrt so late was to try and help with insomnia which has been an on/off problem since the menopause.  I read that the progesterone can have a sedative effect and was hoping that would be the case.  Unfortunately no such luck and I would say my sleep is generally worse after 3 months on hrt.  My question is can I swap and take the utrogestan in the morning and oestrogel at night to see if that helps or should I just give up on the hrt.

Generally I am happy to stay longer on hrt for the heart health and other benefits.

Hopeful

Re: Utrogestan in the morning
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 02:34:42 PM »

Hi
Yes you can swap around the times you take things. As to Utrogestan and sleep it doesn’t work for everyone, in my case it seems to make me drowsy but not actually improve my sleep and also makes me tired all day even when taken vaginally. I seem to get on better with evorel conti patches which have a synthetic progesterone. It seems everyone reacts differently to HRT, which dose make things difficult.