Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 586 times)

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
Quick Question
« on: August 06, 2023, 09:51:04 AM »

I'm having a scan in 5 days time as an initial check for my postmenopausal bleeding.
I've just taken day 10 of utrogestan, it's normally 12 days a month and I'm not suffering side effects.

Should I stop utrogestan now?
Or should I take it as normal until day 12?

Stopping now would increase the chance my period might start before the scan and I believe that makes the scan more accurate and they already said to come anyway if I'm bleeding.
I've waited many months for this scan, my post menopausal bleeding started in May 2022, I don't want to mess it up. They might consider it wrong of me to stop utrogestan early. I don't know what to do and it's the weekend, I can't phone to ask.

Katherine

Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 10:57:41 AM »

Hi meno Mel

I’m not too knowledgeable about scans but I suspect it might be best to do what you normally do, follow your same regime, than change something just before a scan.

Hope fully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 11:05:29 AM »

I agree you need to keep to your usual regime so the scan picks up what's normally happening.

Taz x

Nas

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 11:11:40 AM »

Stick to your usual regime i would. Unless anyone has told you otherwise.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 01:11:51 PM »

The best option would be to change the scan to be 5 days after the start of the bleed. Assuming this isn't possible I would stop now and hope you bleed. Scanning should be done at it's thinnest. I'm not sure what useful information they think they'll find when it's at it's thickest?