Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT questions  (Read 538 times)

MillieMoo10

HRT questions
« on: August 04, 2023, 05:17:20 PM »

Hi ladies, Ive started educating myself about HRT (being prepared for the GP appointment !) with a view to starting it in the next few months.  So have a few questions I hope you can help with

1.  Im looking at a patch for Oestrogen but what would a normal starting dose be ?
2.  If the starting dose isn't enough do you wait 3 months each time before increasing ?
3.  I read that if you increase Oestrogen then you have to increase Progesterone (Utrogestan) how does this work ?
4.  How long can I expect to suffer side effects for ? I take it they are temporary ?

Im sure I'll have more questions but this will do for starters  ;D

Thanks

FCS

Re: HRT questions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 06:27:39 PM »

Hi,

I am a newbie to HRT and started in May. They put me on patches Evorel Sequi 50, so there is the option of upping the dose later.
Review is after 3 months.
Can’t tell if I have side effects as I’m grappling with low iron and feel crap all the time anyway..but I did notice benefits quite swiftly…no more aching feet/joints, no dry eye, tampons comfortable again, periods lighter.
GP said if we raise estrogen later we can keep the ratio of progesterone lower if needs be by just using an estrogen patch and doing the progesterone bit orally or by the coil.
Good luck with your HRT journey x

MillieMoo10

Re: HRT questions
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 06:51:41 PM »

That's great info thanks FCS !  Im pretty nervous about it all so any advice is much appreciated.
Good luck with your own journey FCS x