Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Playing hormone Whackamole!  (Read 750 times)

Evie606

Playing hormone Whackamole!
« on: August 04, 2023, 01:00:05 PM »

Hi All,

Hope you’re having a Good Friday!  :)

18 days since I reduced Lenzetto, no adverse effects so far - Great!

7 days since I started testosterone, energy levels good. Noticed an attractive man today - Great!

Endocrine now thinks my 8 month urticaria is possibly an allergy to thyroxine, I have to stop it immediately and stay on T3 only for 6 weeks which I’ve never done - Whackamole!  ::)

We all seem to get something sorted then up pops another issue to add into the hormonal mix.
On the bright side, the chance to be rid of this constant itching and horrible skin is worth taking.

Endocrine said women with thyroid issues tend to have a rough menopause journey and I know there are plenty of you out there. Hugs to all!

E xx

SarahT

Re: Playing hormone Whackamole!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 06:59:55 PM »

Hi Evie,

I wish you well too.
I am one of those in peri, and on hrt and 125 thyroxine. So far so good on that front at least. I did have to up my thyroxine and do have it monitored. Bloody rollercoaster all this one step forward and two steps back!

Hope you get on ok, and glad you are seeing the correct medical team.  Am hoping for the day when all this makes sense🙄

Evie606

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 02:20:49 PM »

Hi Evie,

I wish you well too.
I am one of those in peri, and on hrt and 125 thyroxine. So far so good on that front at least. I did have to up my thyroxine and do have it monitored. Bloody rollercoaster all this one step forward and two steps back!

Hope you get on ok, and glad you are seeing the correct medical team.  Am hoping for the day when all this makes sense🙄

Hi SarahT,

Thank you!  :)

I think it’s because I’m in the last throes of Peri that everything has gone haywire lately. I was ticking along nicely then my ovaries decided to have a last minute rave!  ;D

Glad you’re keeping well for the moment, hope it continues! 😊

Peanut31

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 02:38:14 PM »

Hi

Just make sure when your GP tests you thyroid they are testing TSH, T4 & T3. Just testing TSH is not adequate, they will change your dosage based on TSH alone.

I am on thyroid medication, peri menopausal on HRT including Testosterone.

Just had a recent thyroid test and I insisted they did the full thyroid panel. As normal the GP just concentrated on my TSH results which were suppressed (they don’t like that). However all my other two results T3 & T4 were fine. The GP tried to get me to reduce my thyroid medication, but I refused as this would send my T3 & T4 results even lower.

Luckily for me, I am member of several thyroid forms and experienced health struggles with my thyroid from GP and endos as they go back NHS guidelines.  It wasn’t until I find the thyroid forums and their help, I got my health back on track with my thyroid medication.

Good luck
Peanut31

Evie606

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 04:40:32 PM »

Hi

Just make sure when your GP tests you thyroid they are testing TSH, T4 & T3. Just testing TSH is not adequate, they will change your dosage based on TSH alone.

I am on thyroid medication, peri menopausal on HRT including Testosterone.

Just had a recent thyroid test and I insisted they did the full thyroid panel. As normal the GP just concentrated on my TSH results which were suppressed (they don’t like that). However all my other two results T3 & T4 were fine. The GP tried to get me to reduce my thyroid medication, but I refused as this would send my T3 & T4 results even lower.

Luckily for me, I am member of several thyroid forms and experienced health struggles with my thyroid from GP and endos as they go back NHS guidelines.  It wasn’t until I find the thyroid forums and their help, I got my health back on track with my thyroid medication.

Good luck
Peanut31

Hi there,

I am on T3 so they always test FT3/FT4 and TSH. I was also on NDT for many years. I get routinely tested every 3 months.

I’ve had the battle previously over TSH myself but I now have an NHS Endo who is a bit more open minded.

I’m a member of a very good Thyroid forum too but it’s 29 years since diagnosis so don’t go on much these days.

Not long started the testosterone but doing ok so far, just a petit pois blob on the arch of my foot every second day.
Did you find the testosterone made a big difference or subtle? My energy levels are up.

Thanks 😊

Peanut31

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 04:51:02 PM »

Hi

That’s good to hear you know about thyroid too.

I take a combination of NDT & Levo.

I definitely find testosterone helps. I take it for memory loss and low libido However, it the progesterone I’m having trouble with.

I absolutely hate taking the stuff, sends me into a dark mood.

I’m now trying it vaginally and taking only 100mg.

This was advised by the private menopause clinc. I don’t take too much oestrogen so they said it would be fine.

It is better than orally, but not perfect.

Take care.
Peanut31