Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Patches or Gel?  (Read 828 times)

SamjW

Patches or Gel?
« on: August 04, 2023, 11:57:26 AM »

Hi

I’m after some opinions please. I’m currently on 50mg everol patches 1mg ovestin cream and 10g utrogestan.

I am having issues keeping patches on for more than a day before they start lifting at corners and peeling. I put them on my hip. Im starting to think it might be my awful pig skin that is the issue and wonder whether switching to estrogel might be better.

Can you tell me your experience with the gel. Is it a pain to use? Should I keep preserving with the patches?

Flossy

Re: Patches or Gel?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 04:01:17 PM »

Hi
You might find Estradot patches stick better (if you can get them as I know there have been supply issues) I have never used Everol myself but from what I have read on here it seems they might be less good at staying put. I have never had a problem with the Estradot, they have stayed put through exercise / sweating and tight clothing.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 04:05:06 PM »

Hi SamjW

For me personally, I could never seem to hit it off with patches, however I know lots and lots of women swear by them and they're easier you just slap them on and change twice a week, but I just didn't seem, I don't know to absorb them or I was always touching them, concerned they had fallen off. However I have heard estradot patches are the best.

I use oestrogel and I much prefer the daily application of gel, it's easier to adjust, sure it is a bit of a pain (especially in winter) having to wait for the gel to dry, but if you absorb and if it's easing your symptoms then I can cope with that.

It really is all down to personal choice and which you absorb the better. Maybe try the estradot patches and if they don't suit try the gel. I do think with estradot patches supply can be a bit iffy at times xx

AngelaH

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 12:33:10 PM »

I found using patches was uncomfortable for me too. Gel was easy, but still needed to be spread in the right way, wait long to dry, spray is the most comfortable for me to use, quick to dry, no mess,  but is not possible “to play” with dose of it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 12:34:50 PM by AngelaH »

Furyan

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 03:37:21 PM »

Hi - I use Evorel 50 patches and I find the best way to apply and make them stick is to spend around couple minutes pressing them on as soon as I apply to warm up and activate the glue to ensure they stick. I also change the patch every 3 days as they can start to irritate me after that. You can calibrate patches too, by snipping bits off but, as others have said, it depends on what is easier for you to manage x

Mogster71

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 07:37:27 PM »

I used patches initially, then moved over to gel but found when I was needing 4 pumps a day it was a faff and plus I wasn't absorbing it so well.
I went back to patches - I use Evorel 100's.
When I tried using Femseven they were dreadful and felt like having sellotape on me; they wouldn't stay put for much longer than  a day.

Have you tried putting them on your buttock instead? I found whichever brand I used, application to the hip or stomach resulted in ruching and the patch coming off earlier. Perhaps try a different location before changing?