Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Was on Estragyn, not anymore  (Read 1286 times)

celinecelica

Was on Estragyn, not anymore
« on: August 01, 2023, 02:52:33 AM »

I am so confused...The Gynecologist put me on Estragyn 0.5g for 14 days and after twice a week. I did that for 14 days and I was burning a bit inside and outside with peeing sensation a lot. Saw my GP today and she switched my cream to Premarin 0.625mg , but the full applicator for 14 days...Why its not the same dosage...I only found out when I got home from the drugstore..
She also put me on Aventyl 10mg before going to bed for my peeing urge ( empty bladder)...I am confused !!!!! :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Was on Estragyn, not anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »

So is your GP!

If U are needing to pee it may be vaginal atrophy which many medics are totally unaware of.  Appropriate treatment used into the vagina and around the vulva will ease the need2P, the idea being to insert every night for 2-3 weeks then try to use less.  Some require treatment nightly for many years.  I also take 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.

As for the HRT being different, there's nothing sinister.  It's how the drug is prepared for active use.  MayB keeping a mood/food/symptom diary will help to chart progress.  Let us know.

celinecelica

Re: Was on Estragyn, not anymore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 01:06:35 PM »

Thanks CLKD, I will post my progress if any..still hoping for relief.