Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing from Everol Sequi Patch to Sandrena Gel and Utrogestan Tables  (Read 501 times)

Vanwal

• First Flush

Hey there - sorry if this is a daft question but I am changing my current HRT Everol Sequi Patch to a daily Gel and Utrogestan Tablets.  When is the best time to change over?  Should I wait until I have completed the course of patches that I am currently on?  If so then if my last patch was put on on a Thursday which day do I start using the Gel, would this be the next day?  or can I change and start the new course of Gel / Tablets any time?

Wrensong

Re: Changing from Everol Sequi Patch to Sandrena Gel and Utrogestan Tables
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 11:11:13 AM »

Hi Vanwal  :welcomemm:  I'm sorry your post seems to have been missed.  It's not a daft question at all.  Yes, I would finish this sequential cycle of patches before changing to your new regimen.  So, on the day you are due to change your last patch (containing both oestradiol & Norethisterone) for a new one containing only oestradiol, start the oestradiol gel on that day instead of the oestradiol patch & treat that as day one of your new cycle.

I'm sure others will be along to welcome you soon.  There is lots of help & support on here from some lovely women with a wealth of collective experience, so please ask anything anytime.
Wx

Christine79

Re: Changing from Everol Sequi Patch to Sandrena Gel and Utrogestan Tables
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 09:50:14 PM »

I'm sorry about your experience. It is so frustrating that GPs don't have the up to date information and knowledge about perimenopause and how early symptoms can start and last before menopause. The 1st GP I saw when I was 43 said you are too young. I tracked my symptoms and took it in the next time and saw a different gp with the research I had done. Had to screen and rule out other things, but finally got prescribed HRT 2 mo the ago! Don't give up x