Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Need some good advice  (Read 436 times)

Julie08

• First Flush
Need some good advice
« on: August 01, 2023, 10:28:04 AM »

Hi

I am new to the site and really need some advice. I’ve just had a gp phone appointment where I wanted to review my HRT and he just focused on me being borderline obese. I’m 13 stone. Before HRT I was 11stone 1.

I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago for endometriosis and am now nearly 51. Ovaries were left. Peri symptoms, hot flashes day and night, emotional, brain fog, sleep issues started 6 years ago and it took until 3 years ago to get HRT. I’ve moved up over time to Evorel 100 and no progesterone due to no uterus. I also have oestrogen cream for dryness.

I’ve gradually gone from a 12/14 to a 16/18, feel bloated and uncomfortable, and now painful boobs and teary and sleep issues again.

Asked my GP if was on too much or too little and if there were other options and he just focused on my weight.

Could I be through menopause now? Should I stop HRT or are there different types that may be better? I really don’t want to put more weight on, but want to feel better.

Any help gratefully received.

Flossieteacake

Re: Need some good advice
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 10:51:13 AM »

Hello Julie and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear how unhelpful your GP has been.

If you are meno or postmeno you can still need HRT. HRT can be taken for life.

It is tough putting on weight. I too have gained weight recently. You could try reducing your oestrogen slightly to see how you feel. If you are sensitive to changes then you could reduce it by a tiny bit but if not then you may want to reduce it to 75. I have to make smaller changes as I am very sensitive to changes.