Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Journey of hell  (Read 3747 times)

celinecelica

Journey of hell
« on: July 30, 2023, 02:25:59 PM »

It started mid-may: burning sensation (but not when I pee) and urge to pee all the time even when bladder empty.
1st doctor: antibiotics for bladder infection (did not work)
2nd doctor: vaginal cream for infection, did not work, no infection
3rd doctor: (private) Elmiron for interstitial cystitis : took for 5 weeks, not much improvement. I stopped cause was afraid of bad side effects
4th doctor: talked to urologist over the phone, send request to hospital for cystoscopy ( after 2 months, still waiting) and told me to keep taking Elmiron in cause its interstitial cystitis
5th doctor: private Gynecologist: vaginal atrophy, Estragyn 0.1% (estrone cream) for 2 weeks and twice a week.
Since all that, not much better. Outside of vagina sometimes burning like hell. Pharmacist said to change cream...
My own GP was on sick leave.
So to conclude: still dont know if I have issues with the bladder or its all related to vaginal atrophy.
Tomorrow, calling for asap apt with own GP and thinking of going to private urology clinic to have that exam done.
Cant live like that anymore...waisting time left here on this earth... and my husband has prostate cancer... :'( :'( :'(

Flossieteacake

Re: Journey of hell
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 02:31:56 PM »

You have such a lot going on. I am so sorry to hear your husband has prostate cancer. This is such a difficult time for you. Are you both getting any support?

Stress can cause VA to flare so it would make sense your symptoms are bad right now. Your symptoms sound like VA to me and sadly many GP's do not know what VA is nor how to treat it. It can take 3 months to see improvements (according to the NHS website) so please try not to despair.

There are lots of tips on this forum to help ease VA such as switching from baths to showers and washing in emollient.

VA is awful but with a little time you will be in less pain.

Cara999

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 04:44:36 PM »

What a nightmare for you, sounds very similar to my journey unfortunately!! Keep on with the estrogen cream it takes time, alot of time for some xxx

Luna72

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 08:48:54 PM »

Hi
Did you find out how to stop the burning vagina pain ? Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 08:50:45 PM »

I've answered in the other thread.  We have several threads here: 'bladder issues' as well as several on vaginal atrophy. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:00:53 PM by CLKD »