Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: NICE guidelines surgical menopause  (Read 1222 times)

walkingthedog

NICE guidelines surgical menopause
« on: July 30, 2023, 09:20:11 PM »

Hello

It’s a very long time since I posted on the forum

I’m in surgical menopause full surgery since 2017 and use 0.5 ml of sandrena daily
Never had any problems getting it prescribed but now the GP rang and has made me a face to face appointment for a review

I’m concerned she’s going to try and stop the hrt and have searched to find the NICE guidelines in relation to staying on hrt for life if no uterus which is my case but I can’t find them anywhere

If anyone can post the link on here I’d be grateful

Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: NICE guidelines surgical menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 09:24:45 PM »

Many Surgeries are doing annual review appts., checking repeat prescriptions etc. which are then handed to the Practice Pharmacist to continue with.

If U meet any resistance ask for a referral to a dedicated Menopause Clinic, not a Gynae..  There doesn't seem to be any reason why ladies should stop HRT if the regime is working.  As long as potential risks have been explained, a GP should continue prescribing. 

How do U feel over all?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 06:56:53 AM »

HRT can be taken for as long as needed nowadays and the fact that you have no uterus so are on oestrogen only is good as that carries less risk than a combined HRT. https://cks.nice.org.uk/topics/menopause/management/management-of-menopause-perimenopause-or-premature-ovarian-insufficiency/ You need to scroll a long way down to the heading 'Support the woman ..' Let us know how the appointment goes.

Taz x  :)

walkingthedog

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 10:19:12 AM »

Thank you both
I’m obviously anxious about this I have been on this dosage for 6 years no problems but my amazing knowledgeable gp has left

Appointment not for 2 weeks but I will let you know how it goes

Hopefully I’m worrying over nothing

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 12:31:43 PM »

Make sure that you R aware of your options. 

I think since Covid many surgeries are either speaking to patients then asking any to attend should it be necessary.  Ours has instigated discussion with the receptionist  ::) who refers to the appropriate Nurse/GP/Physio. etc.. I am always asked whether I would like a face2face.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »

I think they're supposed to check your blood pressure annually so perhaps it's more of a review than being told to stop. Hope it goes well.