Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anxiety about upping oestrogel  (Read 2722 times)

Hopeful2

Re: Anxiety about upping oestrogel
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2023, 07:27:17 AM »

Good morning ladies, it's me again.

I was doing ok when I upped by oestrogel to 2 pumps plus tiny bit, but yesterday tried to up it more and have terrible pri ck ling all down thighs and burning and all red around my bum cheeks with a few nasty spots, feels like sitting on pins & needles. So upset, really uncomfortable to sit down and slight  trace to blood too which sometimes happens when I up oestrogel. So I will have to go back to 2 pumps today and hope it will settle down, usually these things take ages to settle. No point going to GP as they know nothing about hrt.

I'm off work today, but back to work tomorrow.  I have a desk job so will be really uncomfortable.

I'm off Friday again and maybe I will try & get estriol as mine is 4 months out of date although maybe I should just use that one I have anyway as I only use a pea sized amount mixed with moisturiser, but using any extra oestrogen in anyway is probably a bad idea now until it settles.   I'm terrified to do anything now feel like a rabbit in headlights, sorry for ranting on 😓

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2023, 07:35:28 AM »

I wonder whether an antihistamine would help get you through the discomfort of today? Sounds like some kind of reaction.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2023, 08:20:06 AM »

Oh no, not again! I am so sorry this has happened. I understand how upsetting this is but try to remember this has happened to you before and it will pass. It is so unfair you get these extreme reactions to medications.

Penguins suggestion of an antihistamine is great. Are you able to tolerate them?

Hopeful2

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2023, 06:44:15 PM »

Thank you both for your kind replies 💐

No I didn't get on well when I tried antihistamine before. Disappointed it's making me have a bleed too when I haven't had one for months, but like you say it will pass and settle again

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2023, 06:45:11 PM »

Thank you both for your kind replies 💐

No I didn't get on well when I tried antihistamine before. Disappointed it's making me have a bleed too when I haven't had one for months, but like you say it will pass and settle again

That really is bad luck. It is tough reacting to medication. I really feel for you. How are you feeling now?

Hopeful2

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2023, 07:24:18 PM »

Well red & sore when sitting. Thanks for your support Flossieteacake 💐. How are you keeping? Hope things are well with you.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2023, 07:33:14 PM »

Ouch. I really hope your skin heals soon.

I am fine. Thank you for asking. :)

Hopeful2

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2023, 08:46:21 AM »

I know I should be using Estriol again, but my anxiety wouldn't let me. So trying to up oestrogel again.

I have sore jaw & tongue white again like last time I upped it. Hoping breakthrough bleeding won't start again this time and ****ling down legs won't get worse. Not to mind burning at back of head. Its terrible trying to up it finding it difficult to stay calm.

Penguin

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2023, 09:16:04 AM »

Could the white tongue be oral thrush? I wonder what else would cause the white tongue,  is it bothering you?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2023, 09:34:24 AM »

I know I should be using Estriol again, but my anxiety wouldn't let me. So trying to up oestrogel again.

I have sore jaw & tongue white again like last time I upped it. Hoping breakthrough bleeding won't start again this time and ****ling down legs won't get worse. Not to mind burning at back of head. Its terrible trying to up it finding it difficult to stay calm.

This will pass. Unfortunately, you do seem to have a bad reaction to any increases but they do pass. I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly. Can you lie down and listen to something you find relaxing be it music or a podcast?

You are not alone and we are all here to support you.

Hopeful2

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2023, 10:06:00 AM »

Thank you both for your kind replies. Yes it causes thrush in my mouth and scalp, scalp burning terribly & bum cheeks burning ****ling and random sore spots on back & boobs occasionally and slight breakthrough bleeding. This is what I always get when upping. It's hard to know whether this or atrophy is worse, but if I can withstand this it will probably settle down. We were supposed to be going away this weekend but because I keep breaking down crying we couldn't go.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2023, 10:14:55 AM »

Thank you both for your kind replies. Yes it causes thrush in my mouth and scalp, scalp burning terribly & bum cheeks burning ****ling and random sore spots on back & boobs occasionally and slight breakthrough bleeding. This is what I always get when upping. It's hard to know whether this or atrophy is worse, but if I can withstand this it will probably settle down. We were supposed to be going away this weekend but because I keep breaking down crying we couldn't go.

I am so sorry you cannot go away this weekend. That is unfair. You are so brave. You keep trying to increase your HRT despite having such a severe reaction. I think you should feel so proud of yourself.

You saying this will settle down is so positive. I just hope it is soon and you are feeling okay while you wait for it to calm down.

Hopeful2

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2023, 06:08:39 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake for your kind words.

My head has been burning so much it's made my hair all frizzy so now panicking again. Worrying constantly that I'm doing the right thing upping the oestrogel. I know 316 is a good level if it wasn't for the atrophy it would be ok.

I found out yesterday when I rang the menopause clinic as I hadnt heard anything that the referral had been rejected a month ago as the GP never put what the referral was for and of course GP never did anything about it, I was so upset, after seeing 3 gynacologists so far which didn't know about menopause when I was supposed to be referred to menopause clinic instead each time. So hard to believe we have to suffer so much to get help.

I'm am sorry for ranting on again.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2023, 06:43:09 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake for your kind words.

My head has been burning so much it's made my hair all frizzy so now panicking again. Worrying constantly that I'm doing the right thing upping the oestrogel. I know 316 is a good level if it wasn't for the atrophy it would be ok.

I found out yesterday when I rang the menopause clinic as I hadnt heard anything that the referral had been rejected a month ago as the GP never put what the referral was for and of course GP never did anything about it, I was so upset, after seeing 3 gynacologists so far which didn't know about menopause when I was supposed to be referred to menopause clinic instead each time. So hard to believe we have to suffer so much to get help.

I'm am sorry for ranting on again.

Please feel free to post as much as you want to. Your GP is appalling! It was so hard for you to get the referral in the first place. Pity the clinic did not contact the GP to ask the reason rather then just reject it. On Monday perhaps you could send a message to your GP or even the practice manager and explain what happened. You really need this referral done.

How long does it usually take for these side effects to wear off after you increase?

Hopeful2

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2023, 07:21:30 PM »

I haven't really had bad side effects as bad as this going up to the 2 pumps. Now my hands look all greasy and bits of skin coming off. Now in complete panick. Don't even want to take my 2 pumps tonight now but that would be a mistake wouldn't it. Crying again now definetly won't sleep tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3