Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too much estrogen I think  (Read 1745 times)

Kathleen

Re: Too much estrogen I think
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2023, 12:13:09 PM »

Hello ladies.

I have been on Cyclogest for quite a while and fortunately I have never noticed any  water
 retention or breast pain.

I have however had breast tenderness in the past and this has always been due to too much Oestrogen. When this has happened the problem resolves a few weeks after reducing Oestrogen.

All the above is just me and obviously we are all different but my experiences may be of help.

Take care ladies.

K.

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »

Hello ladies.

I have been on Cyclogest for quite a while and fortunately I have never noticed any  water
 retention or breast pain.

I have however had breast tenderness in the past and this has always been due to too much Oestrogen. When this has happened the problem resolves a few weeks after reducing Oestrogen.

All the above is just me and obviously we are all different but my experiences may be of help.

Take care ladies.

K.

Hi Kathleen

i have been on 3 pumps of gel for a while and the sore boobs have only just started in the past 10 days.

I do think its too much estrogen as ive put about 2 stone in weight on so i'll be getting more estrone from my fat tissues. having said all of that my main reason for not reducing my gel is im a bit scared to be honest.

but if i need to reduce then i will. thanks so very much for your reply its really helpful xxx

Furyan

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2023, 03:18:04 PM »

Hi Furyan,

Hope you're okay.

Thanks for replying, I actually about 2 days ago upped my cyclogest from 100mg to about 170mg (cutting a quarter off a 200mg pessary). I've been on 3 pumps of gel since about Dec '22/jan '23 and I've been quite settled on it so I thought I'd up my progesterone. It's sometimes like trying to hit a moving target isn't.

How are you getting on? xx

Hi Disco - I can see why you wouldn’t want to mess with the oestrogen as it sounds like you feel you’ve reached your optimal dose on this. Let us know how you get on with upping the progesterone though. I’m literally in the same position as you although my oestrogen is a 50 patch. Getting really sore boobs and fluid retention again, I feel it’s because the progesterone isn’t balancing the oestrogen. Back to Cyclogest it is - can’t take Utrogestan every day because of the dosage options and the side effects involved, but you can adjust the Cyclogest better x
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 03:28:28 PM by Furyan »

discogirl

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2023, 03:53:23 PM »

Hi Furyan

ive only just increased cyclogest and only time will tell but i'll be sure to let you know xx
Pages: 1 [2]