Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: VA flare up  (Read 649 times)

MiriamT

VA flare up
« on: July 30, 2023, 06:02:55 AM »

Morning!

So I've posted before about my urinary issues, I'm now on 75 patches, and 200 utrogestan for two weeks, vaginally. Using estriol daily.

Also I went to a physio and had a pelvic floor examination, turns out I have a very overactive pelvic floor, so have been doing exercises and trying to help my constipation with more fibre and flaxseed.

All has been better for a few weeks but the last two days I've had a flare up of urinary frequency,pain after urinating and intense itchiness, I have tried the yes moisture gel but it seems to make things worse.

My questions are

Can certain foods make it worse, not sure but thinking marmite may have triggered it!?

Is stress a factor ?

Went in a hot tub last weekend, can the chemicals in the water start it off?

Any really simple moisturizer out there I can try that won't make it worse, currently using sudacreme as it's the only thing that stops the itch temporarily

Had a few baths this week, could this be it?

Also any tips on relaxing my pelvic floor would be so helpful!

Thanks in advance!!

Flossieteacake

Re: VA flare up
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 09:00:44 AM »

Sorry to hear you are having a VA flare. Unfortunately, stress can make VA worse. When I am stressed or anxious my VA becomes very sore. I would not be surprised if the hot tub may have irritated your skin too. I avoid baths for this reason and only have showers.

I have just bought Aproderm Barrier Cream. I have been using it for a few days now and I really like it so far. As it is a cream it does not feel greasy. If you are getting on with Sudacream then you could carry on using that too.

I cannot answer your other questions but just wanted you to know VA can flare but carry on with the treatment and it will calm down again for you.

MiriamT

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 10:21:02 AM »

Thanks lovely xx I'm not sure sudacreme is doing the job, a barrier cream sounds like a good idea, I think stress is a massive factor, have an old dog who is one day good and one day not good, causing me massive anxiety, I need to try and relax

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 10:33:34 AM »

Thanks lovely xx I'm not sure sudacreme is doing the job, a barrier cream sounds like a good idea, I think stress is a massive factor, have an old dog who is one day good and one day not good, causing me massive anxiety, I need to try and relax

Aw, it is a worry when our little ones are elderly. I hope you can find ways to relax a little bit more.