Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Antidepressants  (Read 4789 times)

CherryC

Re: Antidepressants
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2023, 03:11:15 PM »

Thank you Penguin, that's really interesting. Do you remember if you had any side effects when you first started on it and how long they lasted?

Penguin

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2023, 03:17:23 PM »

Bit of indigestion and a dry mouth. Still have the dry mouth but it eases off after peaking about four hours after taking it. Also need to wee more in the morning after taking it. I didn't feel the anxiety got worse when I started taking it, but it did take awhile to feel better, maybe six weeks or so. Now I still get a bit of anxiety in the morning, but usually a nice calm feeling by mid pm. I started hrt five months after starting citalopram though, and I do believe I needed both to really get a grip on the anxiety. So basically I do still have the dry mouth and need to wee more for about 5-6 hours but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2023, 04:12:32 PM »

When my mood is low for more than 3 mornings in a row, I add 5mg - usually I take 10mg at night and 5mg at breakfast, adding that 5mg really helps.  The brain is an organ, out of sight out of mind, which needs nourishing.  As well as ADs ........ I also have an emergency go-to anti-anxiety pill to swallow when anxiety floors me. 

Penguin

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2023, 04:20:36 PM »

CLKD, is it citalopram? I have struggled to cut mine, it doesn't have a dividing line, does yours?

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2023, 05:32:14 PM »

Escitalopram - 10mg has a cutting line. 

Why do U need to cut, mayB try taking on alternate nights? 

Penguin

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2023, 05:41:23 PM »

I was planning on starting to slowly taper off in the near future but my GP says 10mg is the lowest pill size. I think you're right though, alternate nights would be the way to go.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2023, 08:02:58 PM »

I tried to stop but have a 22 month cyclic illness: feel bad, take meds., feel better, stop - OK for a few months B4 plumetting again.  I wouldn't consider stopping after all these years. 

Penguin

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2023, 12:18:10 PM »

Yeah I'd be worried about a recurrence too. My anxiety issues and feeling constantly down always seem to ramp up in the autumn. Such a shame as was always the best time of year for me, now I just associate it with my mum getting sepsis and things start spiralling downwards. Think I've just talked myself out of reducing until the start of 2024 now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]