Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should ues estriol cream more than twice a week  (Read 1009 times)

Pmj 28

Should ues estriol cream more than twice a week
« on: July 29, 2023, 06:52:04 AM »

Hi ladies, just wondering if I should ues estriol cream more than twice a week, been on it for 2 months, starting with every night for 2 weeks then twice a week. The last few weeks started to feel sore and ichy again.
Thank you x

Flossieteacake

Re: Should ues estriol cream more than twice a week
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 07:08:55 AM »

Yes you can. :) I would ignore the advice in the leaflet as it is outdated. I use VA treatment every single day. If I try to reduce it then my symptoms flare. I personally would use it daily again and then once your symptoms improve you can try to reduce it slightly if you wish to. Twice a week is often not enough.

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 07:51:45 AM »

Flossieteacake,thank you will do that x

Poupee

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »

Hi ladies, just wondering if I should ues estriol cream more than twice a week, been on it for 2 months, starting with every night for 2 weeks then twice a week. The last few weeks started to feel sore and ichy again.
Thank you x

Check with your doctor as you can overdose on estriol cream, suffice what Flossie said there's no way that the leaflet is outdated!

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 08:24:42 AM »

My gp is totally ok with me using ovestin every night. If I doo try to reduce symptoms do come back quickly for me.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 08:47:11 AM »

Thank you x

Check with your doctor as you can overdose on estriol cream, suffice what Flossie said there's no way that the leaflet is outdated!

The leaflet was written when Vagifem had a higher dosage hence people only needing it twice a week. How is it possible to overdose on estriol cream by using it daily? I have been using it daily for over three years and quite a few members on here also need to use it daily.

This is information I have found:
The acute toxicity of Ovestin Vaginal Cream in animals is very low. Overdosage with Ovestin Vaginal Cream after vaginal administration is unlikely.

However, should large quantities be ingested, nausea, vomiting and withdrawal bleeding in females may develop. No specific antidote is known. Symptomatic treatment can be given if necessary.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 08:55:16 AM by Flossieteacake »

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2023, 01:08:56 PM »

Got to say, I put Ovestin on my face as well. I'm finding it's super-great for anti-aging to get some estrogen back there.  ;D I'm so over doctors being ridiculous about estrogen. As long as your uterus is sufficiently protected with progesterone and you don't have side effects from high estrogen, I think it needs to be normalised... especially since Ovestin is 'only' estriol and it's local to where you put it, it doesn't become systemic like patches and gels...

Poupee

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2023, 05:21:49 PM »

@Flossieteacake, {quote} The acute toxicity of Ovestin Vaginal Cream in animals is very low

Animals?!  :o we are all women aren't we ;)

Limpy

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 10:40:11 AM »

My GP advised me that Estriol cream (0.01%) could be used 3 times a week after the initial loading period.