Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sandrena estrogen gel rather than patches any advice?  (Read 539 times)

JenJab

Sandrena estrogen gel rather than patches any advice?
« on: July 25, 2023, 03:53:59 AM »

Hi everyone
Does anyone have any advice on taking sandrena gel?  I've been taking Estradot patches but it's in short supply.  Seem to be allergic to the other patches.  Does anyone have any feedback or advice on sandrena? I figure it's much the same except the application of it but just wanted to get any advice :)  Thanks in advance  :)

Kathleen

Re: Sandrena estrogen gel rather than patches any advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 08:51:18 AM »

Hello JenJab

I have been using Sandrena gel sachets for over a year and I like them. The gel is not too runny and dries in about 10 minutes.
I was previously using six pumps of Oestrogel but this was hard to manage so I was given three sachets of Sandrena instead.

I absorbed Oestrogel very well and I think I am the same with Sandrena but my blood levels have not been tested to confirm that.

I have gradually reduced my dose and now use one 1mg sachet daily which I think equates to two pumps of Oestrogel or a 50mcg patch.

I still have some Meno symptoms and I will be speaking to my doctor at Newson Health soon but I would recommend Sandrena if you want to use a gel for your HRT.

I hope this helps and take care.

K.

JenJab

Re: Sandrena estrogen gel rather than patches any advice?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 05:25:58 AM »

Thanks so much K for your help and advice :)  much appreciated :)