Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Need help reading estrogen blood read out please  (Read 969 times)

discogirl

Need help reading estrogen blood read out please
« on: July 28, 2023, 05:35:17 PM »

I've just had my estrogen blood read out and I just need some help please

It states Serum Oestradiol level (RJC348) then beside it another number 448 pmol/L

Also, and sorry if this is a silly question, but my previous estrogen levels in March were 288 so I'm pleased that they're going in the right direction.

I am currently on 3 pumps of gel a day, so presumably my estrogen levels will continue to rise.  So obviously there will come a point when I will have too much estrogen and I presume at that point I will need to go onto a 'maintenance level' of estrogen.

Just wanted to make sure I was correct in my thinking.

Thanks for any help x

Dotty

Re: Need help reading estrogen blood read out please
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 07:52:26 PM »

If you stay on 3 pumps your levels should stay the same, unless your own levels drop.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 05:01:36 AM »

hi Dotty

Thanks for your reply.

The reason i ask is that when i got my readings done in March they were 288. im post meno so i doubt my own levels have dropped any further x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 06:00:58 AM »

Your levels can still drop post menopause.  Even post meno you can still have some oestrogen.

When your levels were 288 you probably hadn’t reached a consistent level. The Oestrogel builds to a level and then stabilises. This can take 3-6 months. Once you’ve reached this level the Oestrogel will keep it at this level. You may or most not need more or less in the future. Everybody is different. Blood tests don’t really help as there is no magic number. Symptoms are what tell you if you need more or less.

Try to stop thinking about it and just go with how you feel. Hope that makes sense.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 06:04:29 AM »

Hi Dotty,

Yes that makes loads of sense, I really appreciate your time thanks so much x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 06:56:02 AM »

No problem  ;)

Are you feeling ok ?

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2023, 07:54:46 AM »

Hi Dotty,

I'm feeling fine, I just like to test my levels from time to time and my GP has no problem in assisting me with this. I know we're supposed to go off symptoms, but I just wanted to see, out of interest, where my estrogen levels were at.

I'm sleeping better (touch wood) and I've come off the utrogestan altogether as I was getting horrific low moods on it and moved to cyclogest which I much prefer. I know they're both micronised progesterone but I think the delivery method with the cyclogest suits me better.

I have put a load of weight on since starting hrt, which was to be expected, and as we get a little more estrogen from body fat, my estrogen will have increased, which from the readings it has. The only symptom lately I've had is that my boobs are really, really sore. This is usually an indication that my estrogen is too high, but I'm loathe to dash and reduce my gel as I am sleeping and my anxiety is better. I've had no breakthrough bleeding or anything xx