Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Spacial awareness problems  (Read 2462 times)

Poppy

Spacial awareness problems
« on: July 27, 2023, 06:34:47 PM »

Hi ladies, been having this for a good while now and wondered if anyone else has. I’ve always considered myself pretty ok at being able to park my car but now I’m dreadful, my judgement of what looks straight to me has disappeared, I even get out to check and will get back in to correct the position of my car if it’s wonky. The problem is I’m losing my confidence the more I get it wrong and it’s becoming a dread thinking about parking.
Another thing is when washing up the dishes, on lifting the dish to empty the water out I can slightly miss the sink and water ends up going over the top and running down my cupboard door onto the floor or I end up with a wet top or trousers.
I was baking a cake the other day and I made such a mess with the ingredients, a toddler could of done better.
Although I don’t want others having this I hope someone will say, I am going through the same thing then I won’t feel I’m going crazy on my own 🤦‍♀️
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:39:12 PM by Poppy »

SarahT

Re: Spacial awareness problems
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 06:59:46 PM »

Brain fog maybe? Have you seen the thread, called I think doing stupid things? This is not to make light of yet another distressing change in ourselves, but it does show many of us lose concentration. Maybe do you think anxiety is creeping in?

Also before I increased my hrt I had an awful lack of confidence in myself, even on  everyday tasks. I can no longer multi task though, and sometimes feel I have to do something in a very careful almost deliberate way. It's does he to me, but if I try to do too much I can get over anxious. For me it's a coping method. In the pastor I doubted I had done something, especially locking a door, I would actually say oh loud " the door is now locked" and it stopped me going back endlessly to check it.

Hope someone may be along with a better explanation and how it can be helped for you.

Poppy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 07:29:48 PM »

Thank you so much SarahT for replying, I will look at that thread.  I can relate to some of the things you have said especially not being able to multitask anymore it’s frustrating. Anxiety has always been a big part of my life from a young age but the menopause has really ramped it up & it’s very overwhelming and exhausting.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 07:42:37 PM »

Sorry to hear this Poppy. If it makes you feel any better, my spatial awareness is dreadful. I often knock into my partner by accident when I walk past him! I just cannot seem to recognise where my body ends.  ;D

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 04:10:54 PM »

Have you had your eyes checked recently?
I have this problem when my eyes are blurred or double which just happens randomly as I have astigmatisms in both eyes but tiredness makes it worse, I expect dehydration would as well.
I've just started wearing glasses for close things and that's disorientating at times too. Most of us start to need, or change glasses around the same time as menopause but it's often so gradual you might not realise.

SadieLou

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 04:37:17 AM »

You are definitely not alone, Poppy.  I've always had difficulty with spatial awareness but it's become much worse since peri arrived in town:   walking into walls, pouring liquid next to a cup instead of into the cup, missing steps, etc.   I just got new glasses so that's not the problem. 

I have found that it gets even worse if I stress out about it or try to be extra careful.  So I do my best to just deal with it and carry on.