Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel patches and a full bleed!  (Read 574 times)

Selina

• First Flush
Evorel patches and a full bleed!
« on: July 28, 2023, 08:28:33 PM »

Hi there. I’ve been on Evorel 25 patches for 3 months quite successfully with ustrogen tablets. I should have started the tablets this weekend but instead I have had a full bleed two weeks after the last withdrawal bleed without taking any of the progesterone! Does this sound ‘normal’ to anyone?? Should I be worried? And would anyone know if I also need to take the ustrogen now as well? 🤷‍♀️ I will email my GP but wondered if anyone had any experience of this! TIA xx

Dotty

Re: Evorel patches and a full bleed!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 06:02:51 AM »

Keep taking the progesterone as normal. It takes a while for your body to synchronise.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 09:04:04 AM »

Perfectly normal if you still have a cycle of your own. Hrt doesn't override your own cycle in the way bcp does, I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. I found it better to synch the hrt cycle to my own so started again with day 1 as the first day of my bleed. Trying to change my cycle to fit into the hrt one didn't work for me.

Selina

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 10:44:05 AM »

Keep taking the progesterone as normal. It takes a while for your body to synchronise.

Thanks so much for replying and your advice 😊

Selina

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 10:46:09 AM »

Perfectly normal if you still have a cycle of your own. Hrt doesn't override your own cycle in the way bcp does, I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. I found it better to synch the hrt cycle to my own so started again with day 1 as the first day of my bleed. Trying to change my cycle to fit into the hrt one didn't work for me.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for your advice! Rather than being 51, am feeling like a kid again!! 😊