Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Itchy, ITCHY skin  (Read 1279 times)

3_claire_3

• First Flush
Itchy, ITCHY skin
« on: July 27, 2023, 09:33:05 AM »

:'( I could rip my skin off just now.  Has anyone else had this 'symptom' while in peri?

I've had eczema at various levels of intensity all my life.  Usually just my neck and hands were affected but it has escalated.  In the bend of both arms, my left wrist (I haven't worn a watch in ages), front and back of my oxters where my bra sits and in my hair.  Easy enough to slap on E45 or Apro Derm every day, and steroid cream for short periods, but it never fully goes away. 

It'd just be nice to know if there are other fellow itchers out there.  Apologies if this post made you itch!

Emzib0b

Re: Itchy, ITCHY skin
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 09:44:13 AM »

Another itchy person here!

Mine tends to kick off late evenings and at night. It can be all over for me and it’s kept me awake for hours! Being warm often makes it worse. It does appears to be quite common in peri/meno unfortunately.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 10:09:04 AM »

The only thing that reduced my itching was increasing my oestrogen. I really do sympathise as it is a total nightmare.

3_claire_3

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 10:45:21 AM »

WooHoo itchers unite!   ??? 

I have my patches ready to begin on my next period so we'll see what happens.

MrsE!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 01:44:47 PM »

Afternoon you itchy people.
Regarding the itchy skin, scratching at scalp,I suffered with awful flaky skin when on patches.
As someone who swears by clean beauty products,  I'm a big fan of Fushi wellbeing products, especially the oils which can help soothe very sore and dry sensitive skin in your downstairs area.
Holland & Barrett stock some of their stuff but the best place is through their own website. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 08:05:24 PM »

VA needs replacement oestrogen, many find that they need monitories too ..... moisturises even.  If VA isn't problematic, finding a product that eases symptoms is great - tnx MrsE!

FunkyFrankie

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 03:13:36 PM »

Hello, Itchy  :)

I stopped itching a year ago when I started taking Bijuve. Before that, I’d had two years of flippin hell with it.  I itched ALL OVER MY BODY, every day, and a female doctor who should’ve known better kept recommending antihistamines!  Only HRT has helped, and I now realise the itching was simply low oestrogen.  I hope you get this sorted, because I spent money on all sorts of fancy “menopausal” skin products, all a complete waste of time.

SarahT

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 04:03:48 PM »

I now steer clear of perfumed products, aveeno on body and face ( calm range) seem to alleviate some itching.sun ( remember that?) does aggrevate it further.

Lavender1983

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2023, 09:56:23 AM »

Im soooooooo itchy too.Flares up out of nowhere.On my ankles amd inner arms are bad and under chest.So irritating.
Im using the e45 shower cream and body cream along with epaderm.It helps.

SummerBat

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 10:07:16 AM »

Itchy, itchy, itchy!
I developed Pompholyx eczema during my second and last pregnancy, 8 years ago. It's largely under control but when I have a little breakout (heat and chlorine are bad this time of year) it itches like a wild thing. I also, separately, have some small psoriasis patches and the one on my foot itches a lot, but stops itching when the pompholyx flares up. Hmmm. My skin was awful for two years following pregnancy, the eczema was so bad on my hands the skin was just peeling off and it hurt so much to wash them. It has healed a lot over the years but I always had a couple of nasty fissures on my fingers (one thumb in particular) which were so painful - until I started HRT and they went away almost overnight never to return hopefully!

wallflower

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 08:59:56 PM »

I was using estrogel 2 pumps daily for the last 3.5 years and gradually started having episodes of hives, first on my elbows, then they subside, then a little on my ankles, and in the last six months, its became absolutely horrific. I have a sore and itchy rash all over both of my arms, which is bright red in colour. I also have an all-over itch in the evenings after applying the gel. I started suspecting that I might be reacting to a component in estrogel. Has anyone experienced anything like that with estrogel?