Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fluoxetine for peri anxiety  (Read 2877 times)

FunkyFrankie

Re: Fluoxetine for peri anxiety
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2023, 03:15:33 PM »

Hi lovely
I take Citalopram, just 10mg daily, and apparently my legs twitch in the night occasionally!  So it must be a symptom of SSRIs.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2023, 08:08:40 PM »

Hi hunni yes I think your right x

Gnatty

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2023, 08:10:01 AM »

Just to reiterate I don't think your husband should be shaking you awake, it's unkind. You are taking the AD for your mental health. Surely he can sleep elsewhere for now. I imagine the twitching legs might settle down anyway. One thing you could try is magnesium at night time as this can help fidgety legs.x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2023, 07:58:39 AM »

I think hubby has tried to cope with the twitching but it has got progressively worse its easier said than done trying to ignore as I wake myself up sometimes with severe jerks so I do sympathise with him. I suppose putting yourself in his shoes he starts to nod off and I then jerk violently and wake him up again several times during the night I think that would start to annoy even the most patient person over time. And at times I wake up so tired like I haven't slept due to thrashing about as my body isn't getting to rest. There is no where else for him to sleep as we only have 2 bedrooms and my son has the other room.  Sofa isn't an option as we have 2 dogs and isn't a long term solution anyway.  I have an appointment with GP on Wed and if nothing else helps me or my mental health dips then I will have to restart the meds again.  As yes hubby will get a good nights sleep but have a wife with mental health issues that will spiral out of control! The problem is that this side effect does not settle in time with me it just gets worse as I have take Prozac for numerous years in the past - why is nothing ever straight forward!

The magnesium is a god suggestion I will look into that but I can move all over shoulders, arms etc not  just legs  :'(  thank you x
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 08:02:38 AM by Losingtheplot »

SarahT

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2023, 09:19:16 AM »

It does seem never ending doesn't it? One thing helped them something else is thrown into the mix to kick us back again.

Chin up sweetie, all I can offer is a well meant hug..we will get there, just a looong road some days x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2023, 11:24:43 AM »

Thanks Sarah T xxxxx why does meds have such awful side effects! Anyway I am on some natural supplements that I feel have helped my anxiety and mood massively so things might work out ok x

Katherine

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2023, 09:44:09 PM »

Hi losingtheplot, I just wanted to send you a hug, and hope you find a solution soon. I know from experience magnesium is fantastic for sleep, and feeling calmer and less anxious so it’s well worth trying. X

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2023, 05:38:54 AM »

Hi Losingtheplot, I hope you find a solution. It is so frustrating that every med is at least one step back for each couple of steps forward.
Magnesium, people are suggesting, I agree, forgot about that.
Sometimes a couple of cocodamol at bedtime can ease my sleep in general, makes me more restful in my sleep.
Zinc is another important menopause mineral for the brain, take at a different time from magnesium, they affect each other's absorption somehow.
I tried lithium a while back too and while I've not bothered to get more I keep meaning to, I think that benefitted my calm too. I twitch more if I'm stressed, don't know if you do that too.
I hope you are sound asleep now  :)

discogirl

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2023, 06:13:21 AM »

Hi Losingtheplot

I just wanted to add to the rest of the comments, that magnesium has an effect on the nervous system and it reduces symptoms of muscle spasms and twitches. It has a relaxing effect on muscles. it may be worth trying.

I think magnesium chloride is best at treating muscle spasms. I don't know if affects sleep or not, so might be worth checking and also that it doesn't interact with the AD that you're on.

I hope it gets sorted for you xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2023, 06:31:03 AM »

Hi losingtheplot, I just wanted to send you a hug, and hope you find a solution soon. I know from experience magnesium is fantastic for sleep, and feeling calmer and less anxious so it’s well worth trying. X

Thank you Katherine I will try this as a few people have said them same. Thanks again xxxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2023, 06:32:33 AM »

Hi Losingtheplot

I just wanted to add to the rest of the comments, that magnesium has an effect on the nervous system and it reduces symptoms of muscle spasms and twitches. It has a relaxing effect on muscles. it may be worth trying.

I think magnesium chloride is best at treating muscle spasms. I don't know if affects sleep or not, so might be worth checking and also that it doesn't interact with the AD that you're on.

I hope it gets sorted for you xx

Thank you hunni I hope you are well.  I am looking into magnesium supplements as we speak :)  Thanks everyone xx

Katherine

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2023, 07:10:04 AM »

Ps- I’ve tried Betteryou magnesium spray and Carolyn dean’s Remag and they are both good. Good quality magnesium salts in the bath are also good. The Remag website has loads of info about magnesium too. I noticed cocodamol had been mentioned but anything with codeine is highly addictive, I take codeine only for period pain and have to be very careful not to take it for any other reason. There may be another ad that doesn’t cause twitching also. Xxx
Pages: 1 [2]