Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please help me  (Read 1519 times)

KaraShannon

Re: Please help me
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2023, 10:37:59 AM »

Can someone reassure me that the things that are happening to me are menopause and not that Im seriously ill cos I feel like it can't be this bad. I have headaches that make me want to cry, I cry alot, my scalp itches snd my hair is thinning. I feel like I'm not here most days and if I sit down I don't want to get up again. I was a happy person , I'm.now so low. I have no family to talk to for advise. Can anyone give me abit of support please.

Hi Annette,

Another one here to say you're not alone.  Hugs.  I also understand the thing about no family to talk to for advice. 

If ever you need someone to talk to you can always reach out or private message.  I will always reply even if I don't see it straight away (I will as soon as I do). The only reason I might not see it is if I'm going through a rough patch.

I have honestly worried that I could be dying.  Not so much in the last couple of years, my hrt helped, but I still have patches of time when I wonder about that (thankfully shorter lived now and so I come out of it), things can feel that bad.  I've had word finding difficulties that have freaked me out leading me to think I'm having strokes (lowering oestrogen seems to have stopped that), dizziness on standing that has been so bad I can't walk into a shop and had to drive home, crushing fatigue (which I still get, but it's lifted in the last 2 months significantly, no doubt it'll be back, but if it can lift that's something).  While telling you all this, there are times in between where things feel normal, it's not all bad, but it can be at the start.  I think now that I may navigate a way through.  Not there yet by a long shot, but more hopeful.

Let us know how you get on  :)

Annette

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2023, 11:46:39 AM »

Thank you for all the advise I actually feel more positive today because of it

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2023, 11:52:07 AM »

Thank you for all the advise I actually feel more positive today because of it

I am so happy to hear that. :)

SarahT

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 01:14:32 PM »

Everyone is always willing to help or even just say hello, and let you know how aren't on your own
Like you I feel a lot more positive because of this..Am glad you are a little bit more up today. X

Annette

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2023, 06:59:52 PM »

Thank you all I went to the doctors today for blood pressure and an ecg and I have an appointment with the practice nurse next week to discuss my symptoms but have already been told it sounds like menopause. I feel like a weight has been lifted just from someone saying that!

SarahT

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2023, 07:08:39 PM »

That's great you got on ok at your surgery appt today, must be a relief just to get that over with.

And also they listened to you and have given you a follow up to discuss things with the nurse.

Maybe take a bit of list of things you may want to ask? I get a bit flustered on appts and get home thinking " I forgot to ask about that bit! "

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2023, 07:43:42 PM »

Thank you all I went to the doctors today for blood pressure and an ecg and I have an appointment with the practice nurse next week to discuss my symptoms but have already been told it sounds like menopause. I feel like a weight has been lifted just from someone saying that!

What a lovely update! It is so good to hear you have an appointment and you are feeling more positive. :)
Pages: 1 [2]