Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can I vagifem boost again ?  (Read 900 times)

Orba

Can I vagifem boost again ?
« on: July 24, 2023, 09:30:30 PM »

Hi, I've been using Vagifem for a couple of years and after the initial booster dose for 2 weeks Ive  been using 1-2 x weekly.
I feel things have gone downhill recently, dryness, soreness and most recently a UTI.
Since it's been a while since the initial dosing ,I'm considering using every day for a couple of weeks to get things in check.
Has anyone done this ?  Tia

Ayesha

Re: Can I vagifem boost again ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 09:40:40 PM »

Yes definitely. Go back to every day until you get it under control and then decide if you can or want to reduce the dose.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 09:08:10 AM »

Morning Orba.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry including the vulva.  So if 'vagifem' has worked thus far but symptoms have returned, then do begin a 2-3 weeks reloading, sometimes using a pessary mid day and another at night can help too.  As can a moisturiser such as 'sylc', 'yes' or 'ovestin' around the labia.

When I get the need2P symptoms I take 2 Nurofen, 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.

Was the UTI diagnosed in a Lab.?  Let us know how you get on. 

Orba

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 09:16:42 AM »

Morning Orba.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry including the vulva.  So if 'vagifem' has worked thus far but symptoms have returned, then do begin a 2-3 weeks reloading, sometimes using a pessary mid day and another at night can help too.  As can a moisturiser such as 'sylc', 'yes' or 'ovestin' around the labia.

When I get the need2P symptoms I take 2 Nurofen, 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.

Was the UTI diagnosed in a Lab.?  Let us know how you get on.

Hi,
Yes MSU showed infection but went onto become kidney infection. ( I posted a previous thread about my woes ! )
I had 4 courses of antibiotics in the end which didn't help my vaginal flora.
I'm aware that VA can cause cystitis like symptoms so maybe another good reason for upping my Vagifem.
I just couldn't face another GP call back to ask ,and I knew I'd get better answers on here !
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 09:20:24 AM »

That's why threads should remain as one rather than several - not many know how to change the subject heading as an 'update' which would save multiple threads.  I wasn't aware that you had another thread, I may have responded but being meno-brain, forget really easily  :-\  :'(

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »

Agree, best to keep to one thread, the forum is too fast moving and some posts disappear very quickly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 09:26:16 AM by Ayesha »

vianne

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 07:10:49 PM »

Hi, I'm so glad I spotted this thread, I've just had the exact symptoms as the op. I have an appointment with my gp next month but I am so uncomfortable again I though I'd  check on here. I am post menopause though, (late 60s) so do you think it will still be ok to do the loading dose again? Thank you.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 07:12:27 PM »

Hi, I'm so glad I spotted this thread, I've just had the exact symptoms as the op. I have an appointment with my gp next month but I am so uncomfortable again I though I'd  check on here. I am post menopause though, (late 60s) so do you think it will still be ok to do the loading dose again? Thank you.

I would use it right away. It is okay to use VA treatment daily if you need it. I am sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. I need to use VA treatment every single day or I become very sore.

vianne

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 07:35:52 PM »

I would use it right away. It is okay to use VA treatment daily if you need it. I am sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. I need to use VA treatment every single day or I become very sore.

Thank you so much,  I definitely will start tonight. It's a shame cos things were going so well, I've been using it for nearly a year and hadn't had a uti for just over a year. I couldn't believe it last week when I got that horrible familiar burning start, I was prescribed antibiotics and since then my bladders felt so irritated just like it used to. Finger crossed this will put it right, thanks again.  Vianne x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 07:37:32 PM »

Thank you so much,  I definitely will start tonight. It's a shame cos things were going so well, I've been using it for nearly a year and hadn't had a uti for just over a year. I couldn't believe it last week when I got that horrible familiar burning start, I was prescribed antibiotics and since then my bladders felt so irritated just like it used to. Finger crossed this will put it right, thanks again.  Vianne x

VA can flare at times but I am sure you will feel back to normal once you use the treatment daily. I hope you feel better soon.