Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How long does HRT take before it is effective?  (Read 1039 times)

Melpf

• First Flush
How long does HRT take before it is effective?
« on: October 03, 2023, 05:26:27 PM »

I've been on Evorel Sequi patches for a week and so far all I have had are bad side effects - bleeding, headaches and irritability. How long do I need to wait to feel anything positive? ie reduced anxiety, fewer hot flushes and an improvement in brain fog. ATM I don't know how long I can persevere with these continual side effects. Thanks

sheila99

Re: How long does HRT take before it is effective?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 05:58:19 PM »

Flushes usually go within a couple of weeks, others take longer. My anxiety and insomnia took a full 3 months. If you feel worse on it I would ask to try a different brand that may suit you better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 06:04:08 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Ask away.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 08:30:22 AM »

I was one of the lucky ones who within 5 hours of HRT felt as if someone had switched my brain on. I can remember the exact moment it happened. Hubby and I were at a food festival at the beach. We were walking along, and I stopped dead! It was so weird!

I know that’s probably unusual, but it happened when I first went on HRT, and again when I restarted after a 2.5 year break.

My friend took 3 months to see improvement, and almost gave up on it. Nowadays, she’s adamant she’ll never come off it.

Pater01

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 11:06:27 AM »

Hi Melpf are you feeling any better now?

I have just started Evorel Sequi in last 3 days, I started on first day of bleed, so feeling tired and PMT away, but hoping HRT will help me with other peri symtoms.

Thanks