Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 426 times)

Bandango42

Confused
« on: July 27, 2023, 09:42:52 AM »

Hi ladies

What to do when you have symptoms of both high/low estrogen and blood tests are unreliable? Hair shedding, gum swelling/mouth ulcers, lack of energy, brain fog, trouble sleeping, sore boobs gone, no hot flushes, no night sweats, itchy skin, no dryness down below, high libido. Been taking utrogestan (2x100mg for 12 days) for over a year with no side effects at all, now all of a sudden the last 2 months I've suffered with crushing migraines for 3/4 days at a time, fatigue, low mood/rage from about 5 days in til bleed starts.

I get not everything can be solved with hrt but not knowing what is causing what is driving me crazy! Do i need an increase in patch? Have I become suddenly intolerant to progesterone? Is my estrogen too high? The last 3 months I've felt amazing and now I feel like I'm going backwards 😢

Can anyone advise? I can call my GP but he is, quite frankly, clueless and has, up to this point, prescribed whatever I want so I know he'll just say increase your patch (currently on evorel 75) and off you go.

Dotty

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 10:40:56 AM »

It’s possible that your own oestrogen levels have dropped and do you need a higher dose .