Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: High shbg, high testosterone and high oestrogen! Please help! Despairing!  (Read 510 times)

floraljo

Hi,
I'm 42. I'm on estradot 50, utrogestan. Been on meds since November.
My shbg has been high every time tested and now even higher (>200).
Fai can't be calculated because shbg is too high!

Testosterone is also elevated at 1.73 and oestrogen was 2058.

I was on Testosterone cream at a low dose for a couple of months but stopped in April because it was 1.73. It hasn't decreased since then.

I'm freaking out about the high testosterone and high shbg. Can anyone help? I've got an appt to discuss but panicking in the meantime.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 02:30:50 PM by floraljo »

Floo36

How was your blood drawn? Are you peri meno? Try not to worry, nothing is harmful.

floraljo

Venous draw. I'm in peri. It's the elevated testsoterone that confuses me and worry it might be higher than that at times.

Floo36

The Estrogen isn’t high then for peri, mine goes into the thousands with fluctuations, your 50 patch will only give you a few hundred Estradiol pmol. I have found that my SHBG also fluctuates wildly and have had >200 like the Estrogen, perhaps that may be happening with you.  Did you used to have high testosterone at all previously, although it may not have been tested?  It’s not that high so it shouldn’t be anything to worry about but that’s easier said than done.

floraljo

My testsoterone has been tested a few times and varied between 0.5-1.3. I was given testsoterone replacement at a low dose and then it was 1.73. I came off it for 3 months and it's still elevated but shbg has also gone up and prolactin has gone very high too (all previous readings of prolactin varied within the normal range). So currently oestrogen, testosterone, shbg and prolactin are all above normal as it cortisol. Thyroid is fine though.