Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Vaginal + Urinary PH To Prevent UTIs  (Read 2840 times)

Ann B

Re: What Vaginal + Urinary PH To Prevent UTIs
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2023, 09:40:01 AM »

Hi
To help prevent uti have a look at d-mannose,

Thanks, Violet

The uro/gyn has provided a prescription for Hiprex as a prophylactic but I prefer more natural treatments like d-mannose.

I have just bought d- mannose, and intend to have it ready, just in case.  I have not decided, however, if I am prepared to take it prophylactically on a daily basis.  This is because, after help from this site and further research, I have concluded that my main worry and problem may be sterile pyuria rather than rUTIs.

I have had what appeared to be 2 UTIs in June and July and 2 UTIs in February and March 2022.  In both instances, they were very close together.  I think that the new protocol of 3 days of ABs is incorrect and certainly in my case.  I had to have 7 further days of ABs in both cases.

In the two 2023 instances, the level of bacteria was insignificant, but the leucocytes were very high.  From my own deduction, I believe my issue is more one of sterile pyuria.
For this, I think I have to deal with VA (which has been verified) and opt for some form of vaginal oestrogen.  I am almost there re the latter.  It is +8 ER BC 3 years ago following 20 years of low-dose oestrogen, that holds me back from immediate commitment.  I just need to collate and focus on the latest research on BC and vaginal oestrogen, to reassure myself and be confident in my decision.

I do not intend to let this problem dog me into older age.  I am therefore going to try and eradicate it, and through natural means where possible.  I have already taken steps to try to achieve that.  Thus far, I think I am making some progress both in terms of knowledge and strategies.  The kind replies from the ladies on this site have helped.

Pages: 1 [2]